Pineapple

HurricaneLo
HurricaneLo Pennsylvania, United StatesMember Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

how would I be able to tell if someone used a pineapple on my network to remotely get into my phone and or laptop I have Comcast internet and Verizon iPhone6s and a dell laptop with windows 10. I know basically nothing about this stuff. I keep reading and reading but it still doesn’t make any sense to me. Please help.

Hurricane

Bitsy

Best Answer

Answers

• Helpless
    Helpless Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

What happens is a hacker clones a MAC address of one or more of your devices and uses the entry to send roque access points? Is there anyway aside from blocking the device on Fingbox and using a ‘Guest’ for the device to work around it?

KillSantaCruz
  • HurricaneLo
    HurricaneLo Pennsylvania, United StatesMember Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

update- I found out that my brother gave his penetration testing buddy my WiFi info and pass and also the name of my device (my phone, we were talking about funny names we have for our phones and it coming up when you get in the car and it auto connects) and was able to do it that way but I never gave him permission to do all of that with his friend on my account! I got a notification from google saying “data breach -something or other and has to change all my passwords

Hurricane