Fingbox Light

JGSING
JGSING Member, Beta Tester Posts: 32
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
Hi:
What are all the possible light colors and their meanings?
What does no light mean?
Thanks,
John

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @JGSING, see this link for the complete light guide...   https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/

No light could mean a few things...  I’m including a screenshot from the light guide below for a no light reference.

No LED lights displaying

If there are no lights displayed on your Fingbox:

• Check the LED brightness settings. See ‘Dimming or turning off LEDs (above)
    • Check that LED ‘Do not disturb’ is not turned on (see above)
    • Check the Ethernet cable? (if possible, test with a different cable)
    • Check the power cable? (if possible, test with a different cable)
    • Check the power source? (try a different power source. Please ensure to try a power source directly on the wall, as opposed to a power extender)

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaran
  • JGSING
    JGSING Member, Beta Tester Posts: 32
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    OK, you have told me how to make sure that the lack of light is not due to some external thing that I control.
    I checked all of that.  Still no light.
    So, as I asked before, what does it mean when the light doesn't light?
    P.S. I tried searching for various combinations of light, lights and color and found nothing like the link I sent.  I searched here: https://community.fing.com/ What did I do wrong, i.e. how could I have helped myself?
    P.S.S.  A power strip is often much better for testing.  Most have a light that shows they are connected.  Wall outlets can be connected to a wall switch, and you have no way of knowing if they are on).
    Thanks for the help.

John

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As you have tried the troubleshooting steps in my response and they have not helped, let me tag the Fing staff for further instructions...  @Robin or @Ciaran, if you could lend a hand here?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JGSING
    I am already working on your issue with you on a different post. Please use the original post and paste your reply there so all information can be found under one post. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!