BUG: Fingbox does not respect schedule for Internet speed tests

fingo
fingo Member Posts: 16
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
I have  a Fingbox v2 and set the schedule for Internet speed tests at 4am and 4pm. Instead the tests run around 8:30am and 8:30pm. I tried rebooting the box, changing the schedule to something else and then back to 4am/pm, still does not work.
Tagged:

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @fingo, can you check to make sure your time zone is set correctly in the app?  You can find it on the Home Screen in the app under account and then account settings.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • fingo
    Yes, my time zone is set correctly in the Fing Android app.
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for response.  Tagging some of the Fing folks for possible trouble shooting steps.  @Ciaran or @Robin , any suggestions on next steps?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • fingo
    Interesting, maybe the time zone was not right. I had both "America/Los_Angeles" and "America/Los Angeles" without an underscore. The latter was selected. I switched to the other one and the choice without underscore disappeared. The choice with underscore is correct and the canonical name for the timezone (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones). Not sure why the other one was in the app and selected.

As general feedback, the software quality of the Fingbox and the app is disappointing. I'm on of the original supporters from 3-4 years ago on Indigogo, started with a v1, then added a v2 Fingbox, but the bugs never stopped. Lots of issues over the years, either with the Fingbox itself or the apps, or web app, or ...

This is not how a security product should behave!
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @fingo
    I will take this feedback to our developers for review. The purpose of creating new versions is to fix any bugs or changes introduced by O.S vendors. Related to your issue, that was the correct approach. The two different Time zone of Los Angeles is separated by Underscore as there are 3 places named Los Angeles in America. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • fingo
    as there are 3 places named Los Angeles in America
    When it comes to time zones, there's a single America/Los_Angeles tz. Time zones are not selected based on random cities, there's a standard. There's no confusion, except ... in the Fing software. The name without underscore should not even show up as an option in the app, I don't know why it does.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    fingo said:
    as there are 3 places named Los Angeles in America
    When it comes to time zones, there's a single America/Los_Angeles tz. Time zones are not selected based on random cities, there's a standard. There's no confusion, except ... in the Fing software. The name without underscore should not even show up as an option in the app, I don't know why it does.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
    I have passed on your feedback to our developers for review and if there is any update, I will update you as well. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!