Router vulnerability check in progress and never finishes

Zach
Zach Member Posts: 5
Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited December 21, 2020 in Fing Desktop #1
Lots of trouble with the latest update to Fing app for Windows (2.4.1).  Had to uninstall and reinstall (would not fully load after update) and now router vulnerability check never finishes.  Let it run for 30 minutes and gave up.  Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to fix?

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Zach said:
    Lots of trouble with the latest update to Fing app for Windows (2.4.1).  Had to uninstall and reinstall (would not fully load after update) and now router vulnerability check never finishes.  Let it run for 30 minutes and gave up.  Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to fix?
    Can you run this feature under Safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists? There might be a chance your Firewall or Antivirus might be blocking the Fing desktop from working. This is to isolate the issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Zach
    Have not yet tried safe mode.  It turns out I have other issues as well that I thought had been resolved.  At some point after my initial message I see that the app is showing "Fing service not found".  I had this issue before but thought it was fixed with uninstall/reinstall.  I will try that again along with some deeper troubleshooting.
  • Zach
    I got it.  Had to uninstall and do a fair bit of manual cleanup before reinstalling.  The uninstall left a lot of remnants behind in AppData that I manually removed (eliminated all traces of Fing).  Pulled fresh download of the desktop app and installed from that.  Now the app comes up as it should and it appears that all functions are working.  This thread can be closed.  Awesome product by the way.
    Robin_Ex_Fing