Is it normal to have 2 different MAC addresses for my Arris Router?

My Fing Desktop and my Xfinity Wifi device recognization app are showing two different MAC addresses.  And, Fing has two different MAC addresses listed as well.  Thank you everyone in advance for your comments!!

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bitsy
    I believe what you are seeing is multiple frequencies of your router(2.4Ghz & 5Ghz) which has their own MAC address. if the router has multiple network interface which provides multiple frequencies(2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), and the devices are able to connect to multiple access points then you will see multiple names and MAC address
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Bitsy
    Bitsy Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Photogenic
     Thank you for the feedback.  Interesting that they are not labeled as frequencies.  I thought MAC addresses were labeled on the piece of equipment. 
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bitsy said:
     Thank you for the feedback.  Interesting that they are not labeled as frequencies.  I thought MAC addresses were labeled on the piece of equipment. 
    You can verify these BSSID from router settings as well. This is correct way to identify. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I assume if Fing and Xfinity has it labeled as Arris and with the MAC number, that this is correct.  What else would I look for?  Thank you again.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bitsy said:
    I assume if Fing and Xfinity has it labeled as Arris and with the MAC number, that this is correct.  What else would I look for?  Thank you again.
    If the MAC address match then it is your router. For routers with dual or Tri-bands it is very normal for them to have multiple MAC address. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Thank you, Robin.  So looked on the Arris router and there are only 2 MAC addresses but Fing is identifying three. One of those MAC addresses is not engraved on the router. And, Fing identified another router with a different serial number and obviously different MAC addresses.  Can someone at Fing help me identify who these belong to?  If I go with the Fing business plan, will they tell me who owns these MAC devices? 
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bitsy
    If the 3rd mac-address did not match either of your devices on your list then you can block it and then check which device gets blocked. The 3rd MAC address may be device identified incorrectly. Check on this link and enter the MAC address and see which vendor does it correspond to: https://aruljohn.com/mac/F45EAB
    If the vendor shows up as nothing then it may be virtual mac address by any device on your network. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)