Fing desktop (Windows 10) says I have no Internet connection (im using it to report the error)

Derek_Owen
Derek_Owen Member Posts: 1
edited December 18, 2020 in Fing Desktop #1

Fing says I have connectivity problems.  I dont!  I am using my internet connection to report this.  I cant seem to find a way around this!

You have connectivity problems

You have a number of issues to be fixed.Health check code: N001-N006-N401.

Updates are automatic, but you can refresh manually, too.
The Full report says...
          STATEWHEREWHAT DOES FING CHECK?
          Failedlocal
Device is not in network: no IP address

Failedlocal
No network gateway is configured
Not in network, missing gateway to Internet

Failednetwork
Device is not connected to a local network

Anyone suffering with this issue?  I have fing app on my iPhone and iPad and they work just fine.

ajgarvin

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Derek_Owen

If the Issue persists, to help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps: 

1. What is 'Home' healthcheck saying? if you can share a screenshot or even better a shared report, it would be very helpful. 

2. Share the output of commands: 'ipconfig' and 'route print' from command line 

3. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

•  

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder

• Compress all files inside the Service Log folder and follow the same process as previous.  

• Please attach both compressed files and DM me the results

4. Finally, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo". This will then display device information. Please copy and paste the text into your reply to us. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JonP
    JonP Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I'm getting exactly the same problem, report, and health check code.  I can use some tools to check DNS times,  ping things,  etc...  but it reports no network and won't show my local devices.  Will try later to send info.
  • ajgarvin
    ajgarvin Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 4, 2021 #4
    Me too, except that the Full Report is not reporting any failures, just checks that are pending and not progressing.
    Fing Desktop (v 2.4.1) worked fine until now, when it reports that my primary computer (the computer on which Fing Desktop is installed) is "Not Connected" and that there's "No Internet".  Yet Fing will do a Speed Test without problem.  And I have no problem accessing the internet from the computer.  In fact, I'm submitting this comment from that computer.

The only thing of significance that has changed is that I switched from using the free version to having a paid subscription (and I'm gonna dump that pretty quick if it breaks Fing rather than giving me additional functionality).
    It says it's "Analysing [my] setup" with 19 checks completed, and 9 pending, but it may not be able to complete the remaining 9 while it thinks there's no internet connection.  If I have it show me the report (even though some checks are pending), the first pending item is that my IP address on the LAN is static.  This is not even correct.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ajgarvin

To help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps: 

1. What is 'Home' healthcheck saying? if you can share a screenshot or even better a shared report, it would be very helpful. 

2. Share the output of commands: 'ipconfig' and 'route print' from command line 

3. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

•  

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder' 

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder' 

• Compress all files inside the Service Log folder and follow the same process as previous.  

• Please attach both compressed files and DM it to me.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • petergd
    petergd Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I also have the same problem ....
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 411
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @petergd
    May I ask if you are connected via Wifi or Wired Connection, and may we have a screenshot of the issue you are receiving?