I want to check how many routers and switches are their in my network

I want to check how many routers and switches are their in my network as well as on other networks . 

Answers

• BK303
    BK303 Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    As for routers, most home/small business networks have just one router setup as the default gateway for the subnet to the rest of the Internet.  You can scan you network with Fing app or Fingbox, or log into one of your devices on the network and look at its IP address configuration to find the "gateway" IP address.     

Ethernet switches are different, and unmanaged switches don't have an IP address and are basically transparent to IP and Ethernet traffic.  Unless they have a management interface, they won't show up on a Fing app or Fingbox scan.   You would need to physically look at the network wiring to locate them.  WiFi access points are same basic functionality as switches, except they almost always have a management interface with IP address.  If the Wifi Access point's IP address is automatically assigned or was setup as static on the same network subnet as the rest of the equipment, they will show up in Fing app or Fingbox scan.  
    Bitsy