Cannot add more People. What am I doing wrong?

Charles_L
Charles_L Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Hi 

I have a Fingbox with 3 People added, and each person has some devices assigned. When I press the Add (+) button in the interface to add another, it does nothing. The screen refreshes but does not add another person or ask for a name. No error message.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks
Charles

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Charles_L
    You can definitely add more user profiles. Can you check if you have provided storage permissions to Fing app? Also, Can you check with some other device and sign in with your credentials and then try to create a new profile and see if you are able to succeed or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Charles_L
    Charles_L Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks, @Robin, your tip led me in the right direction.

I had denied the application access to "Contacts" (why does it need to read my whole phone book when it is clearly not needed if I just want to create a customer person name.) The app does not deal correctly with "Deny and don't ask again" and just fails silently. Allowing access to Contacts, adding another Person, and then removing the permission again worked great. Job done! 

Robin_from_Fing