Fing box blocking all Wi-Fi connections

MC76
MC76 Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic
edited December 16, 2020 in Fingbox #1
I bought a Fing box for my home network. I’m not sure what I did but as soon as I plug it in it all WiFi devices are blocked. The only things that work are the hardwired devices. I mean as soon as I plug it in everything is blocked. I’m not sure what I should do. 

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,665
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MC76, in the mobile app, when displaying the Fingbox network, there is a setting to auto block new devices.  Simply go into that setting and turn it off.  That should do it...

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • MC76
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for your reply. I can't  use the app while the fing box is connected because it blocks the wifi. Can I use my PC which is connected via a lan cable?
    thanks so much for your help,
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MC76 said:
    Thanks for your reply. I can't  use the app while the fing box is connected because it blocks the wifi. Can I use my PC which is connected via a lan cable?
    thanks so much for your help,
    PC wont help in this case. Fingbox can only be accessed by Fing app. You can disconnect the wifi and then use the above advice to disbale the auto block feature. Also, you can refer to this article: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/will-fingbox-slow-down-my-network/
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MC76 , Ciarans advice is sound. Disable the WiFi on the phone you will be running the mobile app on. Then run the Fing app. That will let you access your Fing box remotely where you can then disable the setting that’s locking you out.

• MC76
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for being patient with me. I'm using Fing Network scanner V 10..1.0 on my Iphone. There is not a tab for auto blocking on my phone app. Only events. alerts, export, identify by. nothing else in the network tab. the light on top of the fing box blinks blue. 
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you choose the Fing Box network when you go to your devices from your phone.  if you don't do this, it may go to the phone's scanned network which will not allow you to unblock.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @MC76
    I believe you dont have Fingbox added to your Home tab and you are watching current network from Fing app. Please follow this link to add Fingbox to your Home tab: https://community.fing.com/discussion/5810/are-you-having-trouble-accessing-your-fingbox-functionalities-from-the-app
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MC76
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 18, 2020 #9
    Ok. When I follow the instructions above I do not get the option to add to home. If I undo the Private network option in my Wi-Fi tab on my iPhone it is not blocked. I believe I may have my router locked down too much for Fing box.

I will attach a photo of the things I have disabled in my router. Thanks for all for your advice and patience!

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Now comes the hard part.  To find which setting is causing you grief, you might need to disable each one, see what happens and if its not the culprit, try the next setting.  There are some obvious ones you can leave as is such as DMZ, password strength, guest login etc..