Why is Fing labeling my desktop pc and iPad “Product Agent for Windows”?

Wamparythm
Wamparythm Member Posts: 34
10 Comments Photogenic
edited December 15, 2020 in Fing App #1
I realize, that is part of Bitdefender. They are looking into it as well
Besides my PC, strangely, Fing also labeled my iPad “Product Agent for Windows.
I am attaching screenshots.
Security is a false state of reality

Answers

• Wamparythm
    10 Comments Photogenic
    The last screenshot didn’t upload. Here it is now.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Wamparythm
    The issue could be due to Bitdefender as we have seen previously bitdefender creates confusion between Fing discovery and its working. However, you can manually correct the device type by following the steps below or you can remove the device and then scan again. Removing a device does not delete or block it and if the device is online again it will appear in the list again. 

To manually identify the misidentified device on Fing app, I would suggest to:   

• Sign in to the Fing app 

• Go to Device List    

• Click on the misrecognized device. 

• Below the device name and O.S you will find a text saying "Did we get this right?"  

• If you click on (thumbs_down icon) then it will allow you to manually enter the correct O.S and model of the device. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Wamparythm
  • Wamparythm
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited December 15, 2020 #4
    Ok. Thanks Robin. I will also disable Bitdefender and scan again. Just to see what happens. I will leave an update.
    When Fing labeled my iPad as Product Agent for Windows, it also said that this device had two ip addresses at the top of the page. How is that even possible?
    Oh yeah, Bitdefender is on the desktop. It is not on the iPad. Do I need to rename from a particular device? Or just one on network?
    Also, on the bottom of screen for desktop pc, it listed network details. Several of them concerned me. A bunch of them about upnp. Especially upnp services. It was listed as Product Agent for Windows(1).
    Does that mean there is more than on my network at once. And again, I was on iPad, which doesn’t have Bitdefender.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    If your ipad has ios14 then please check this link which may be useful: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Wamparythm
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited December 16, 2020 #6
    Robin
    Thanks for the article. Very helpful.
    I turned off private for iPad and rescanned. It showed I have 2 iPads with same name on my network.
    Also as I was going through my events and notifications, all of my events disappeared.
  • Wamparythm
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited December 17, 2020 #7
    I for got to add this one. When my iPad was labeled Product Agent for windows, it had 11 ip addresses.
    And when I trace route, it is unreachable?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @Wamparythm
    I have addressed this issue of multiple IP addresses on your different post. Please check my reply there. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Wamparythm
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Sorry Robin. I am unable to locate that.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Sorry Robin. I am unable to locate that.
    My reply on your post answers to multiple IP address being detected on device discovery: https://community.fing.com/discussion/5985/why-is-network-scan-showing-devices-connected-while-turned-off#latest
    I will repaste it here: 
    We recently found out that there is a minor issue within the App that is mixing the source of information across discovery rounds. This cause devices to be correctly identified on the first scan round (until 50% of the scan), but then something goes wrong with the detection of devices from the ARP table and the app fallback to IP only ARP entries mapped over the Fake MAC address: 02:00:00:00:00:00
    This MAC address creates a new Node in the network and all the detected IPs are collapsed on it.
    This issue affects Android 10 and Android 11 only, we detected it only on Samsung devices but it may happen on others too, and it’s due to some new limitations introduced by Google. We fixed the problem already and we will release a new version of the app shortly to resolve this.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    I hope it helps.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Wamparythm
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Oh. Ok, so it is a bug for Android 10 and 11, as well as Samsung. Maybe other devices. Got it.
    My  situation involves an iPad on iOS and a Samsung on Android 8. Not trying to be a smart ass, But am I missing something?

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Oh. Ok, so it is a bug for Android 10 and 11, as well as Samsung. Maybe other devices. Got it.
    My  situation involves an iPad on iOS and a Samsung on Android 8. Not trying to be a smart ass, But am I missing something?

If you are doing device discovery from all devices then those results will synch with each other given if there are from Fing app and not from Fingbox. If you delete your network from Fing app and then use just one device for device discovery like iPhone then you can check the results.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)