Strange device showing up in Fing

PaulK_83
PaulK_83 Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment
edited December 14, 2020 in Fing App #1
So ive had Fing premium for a few days now, liking it so far, trying to figure things out. I have all 31 devices on my network identified in the program, but last night a new one pops up that is very weird. It shows no ip address, says No name, Windows and shows as a computer. It does give the Mac address but when I try multiple sources to look that up, they all say not recognized or no data available. If I look at my devices on Fing under ip address it says "Not in Netork", How can that be? Why would it show up if its not in my network?  Any info is greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi @PaulK_83
    The device from the screenshot is a virtual device which means either some devices on your network like iPhone has Private MAC address activated or MAC randomization enabled. You can delete the device and then check if the same device appears again and then you can investigate which device connected to your network at that time which may be isolate the issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @PaulK_83
    Can you share screenshot of the page? Do you have any apple device with ios14 which might explain this as it might be a virtual device?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • PaulK_83
    Photogenic First Comment
    Sure, Ive included a few screen shots I thought were pertinent. Also I checked my router and its not showing up there at all. 

• PaulK_83
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 14, 2020 #5
    My fiancee does have an Iphone 11 pro max. She had been on the wifi for a couple days after I got Fing and last night around 11pm this devices appeared for the 1st time.  When she went to work today though it was still appearing and then disappearing, so I'm not sure what to think. 
  • UG64
    UG64 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    On your fiancee's iPhone, under Settings\Wifi, then select the information icon next to the SSID and turn off Private Address.  Your fiancee's iPhone should show up correctly identified.
    Robin_from_Fing