Sign into Fing Desktop with AppleID

EdwardS
EdwardS Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment
Hello, I have a premium subscription to Fing iOS using 'sign in with Apple', there is seemingly no way to sign in to the Fing desktop with 'Sign in with Apple'. Any ideas how to do that? Thanks.
MarcEdwardS
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EdwardS..  The Fing desktop at this time does not presently support logging in with an Apple ID.  You would need to use the email and password method.  I have created an idea for what you're asking for that can be voted on by the Fing community.  Fing looks at these for future development and would more likely entertain an idea if it has a decent number of users upvoting it.  Please upvote as I have already.  its a good idea...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • EdwardS
    EdwardS Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Oh, great thanks @Marc. I felt a bit irritated as I paid for premium from iOS and now can't get the benefits from MacOS. Anyway, I hope the implement it. I'll upvote it. 

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ciaran , can one who has premium use two different methods to log in? One for mobile, aka via Apple ID, and another for the desktop app such as email etc?

Assumption is that Apple ID is unavailable for desktop (I could see no way to use it).

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    EdwardS
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    You are correct, currently Apple ID is unavailable for Fing Desktop. We do plan to include this in the future. We have set up a support ticket to assist with your issue @Robin will write to you privately via email. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

EdwardS
  • steveof2620
    steveof2620 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited December 29, 2020 #6
    OK, I'm not quite sure I get this. How many accounts do I need and can these be merged together at some later stage? Currently I have an Apple ID account and and email account. Doesn't seem particularly efficient. I am not sure I need or want multiple accounts.
  • ssciberras
    ssciberras Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    This is a bit silly to me: I can use AppleID to sign in on the web app, but not for the community or for Fing Desktop.

How can I upvote this request?

• willc
    willc Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    You should *remove* the option to sign into the iPhone app with Apple ID until you've added it to the desktop version. Having to create two separate accounts is a confusing antipattern for people who just paid for the upgraded membership.