Mesh network - Fing app thinks I’m on different network
I have a Netgear Orbi mesh network with one main router and two satellites. When I hit “Scan for devices” in the Fing app on my iPhone, it asks me to “Switch to active Fingbox”, ie as if the network I am connected to is not my home (the active) network, which has the Fingbox connected. Is there a way around this? Or will the Fing app always think I am not on my home network due to the mesh setup?
Currently I have a Virgin Media router in modem mode which is connected to the Orbi router. The Orbi router in turn is connected to a Netgear switch, and my Fing box is connected to that.
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 931 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 409 Fing Account Change Request
- 879 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 148 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides