Full events list per device

raf17
raf17 Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic

Hello,

I'm really not happy with your recent changes. I'm an early adopter of Fing and Fingbox.

Since the latest version/Change the ios app is not user friendly anymore/at all.

But more than that, I was using the simple history/timeline per device (to check when a device was on/off the network.

Since years it was working perfectly. Since your changes, I can only see 1 day!!!!

You are stating that nothing change for the features already present in the past but this is not true!!!!

To be able to access this history (free since the beginning) I have to pay a recurrent fee / premium... That's really unfair!!!! I'm really disappointed and will check other alternative if I cannot retrieve this history of events...

Best Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi @raf17, have you seen this thread?  https://community.fing.com/discussion/5810/are-you-having-trouble-accessing-your-fingbox-functionalities-from-the-app

See if it helps you regain your history again.
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Hi @raf17. Thanks for the feedback. I have just tested it from an iOS device (iPad). I can see the device timeline. Just to ensure we are doing the same thing. I done the following:
    1) From Home tab I clicked 'Scan For Devices'
    2) Then continued to Fingbox Network (important step)
    3) When the scan completes, I clicked on a device which expands the device details
    4) I scrolled down to 'Event Details' when I click on it, I can see the full timeline for the last 3 months

Can you let me know if you done the same? or where it differed. Thanks 
    @Robin (please follow up if necessary) thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Answers

• raf17
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hello Marc.
    Thanks for your answer and link.
    Yes, my fingbox is/was connected.
    No, I didn't know about the "home" feature... Very good one to not enter each time in the longer path.
    I've added the "home trick" and when I click on a device (scanned by the fingbox), then "events", I still have the events of today but nothing about the past days... and a button to try premium version... to access all the past events... (because it says that it exists XX past events...
    Is it expected behavior ?
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @raf17, I believe you are viewing from an iOS device? This will be fixed on the new iOS app release (in relation to event timeline). Being released today. THanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Moban121
  • raf17
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yes, indeed, for IOS. I just updated the app (ver 10.1.0) and I still have the same behavior... I can see the events from the full timeline (network tab) but I still can't browse the event's timeline per device (only 1 day - to see more, Premium is required...)
  • raf17
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Marc,
    By following your steps, it works...
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.