Fing app home screen displays network twice

Dennissh
Dennissh Member Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic

Have Fingbox on my home network. Fing app home screen displays my network’s name twice, first under “YOUR FINGBOX” with the correct list of devices, the second under “CURRENT Wi-Fi” with some matching devices and a lot of Generic ones, even after rescanning. Why is this happening, and how do I get rid of this second confusing occurrence?

SD

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Dennissh said:

Thanks for that reply. Just wondering why the two detail screens differ. The “YOUR FINGBOX” network correctly lists 7 online devices and the screen has the 5 tabs for Devices, Network, Internet, People, Notifications. 

The “CURRENT WI-FI” network shows 10 online devices, 4 being “Generic”, and no change after refreshing, and only has Devices, Network, Internet tabs.

Fingbox network does continous monitoring while the current network will show you last scanned network. You have to manually refresh everytime to see current network devices where as Fingbox network does not need to refresh. Current network scan is provided in case you are connected to a different network lets say Coffee House Wifi, Airbnb wifi then you can scan devices on your network.

Answers

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi, this is the intended layout of the Home tab. The 1st, as you indicate, is your Fingbox network (so to scan using Fingbox or access the Fingbox Functionality etc.)
    The 2nd is the Network you are currently connected to (regardless of Fingbox)...so, for example, if you join a network in work, it will display that network (though your Fingbox one will stay the same). You can delete the Fingbox network from the Home tab (and still access your Fingbox functionality) though typically users prefer to have it displayed as it is more convenient to access the Fingbox tools. I hope this helps to clarify. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Dennissh
    Dennissh Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks for that reply. Just wondering why the two detail screens differ. The “YOUR FINGBOX” network correctly lists 7 online devices and the screen has the 5 tabs for Devices, Network, Internet, People, Notifications. 

The “CURRENT WI-FI” network shows 10 online devices, 4 being “Generic”, and no change after refreshing, and only has Devices, Network, Internet tabs.