Alternative for the Fing-App

SchatziPuffi
SchatziPuffi Lower SaxonyMember Posts: 5
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Hello,

Since the first release of the Fingbox I use the iOS-App „Fing“ and I am happy with that. Monday I loaded the last Update from Apple ... after that a heart-attack was near. The software, that was free for Fingbox-Customer now should cost 59,95 € for a Year. That is definitely too much for me as a little pensioner. Now my question: Is there an alternative software for the fingbox? 20 € per year would be ok .... but 59,95 € is not acceptable. Thank you for your help!

Much greetings from Lower Sacony in Northern Germany. Be healthy!!!

SchatziPuffi

SchatziPuffi from Lower Saxony
Fing Hatd- and Software-User since Fingbox-Release V1
Tagged:

Answers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SchatziPuffi
    Hi @Ciaran, I tested the Premium-Version yesterday. All of the Premium-Functions were in the (old) normal Fing-App, that I had on my iPhone X before the Update. If I use only the (new) Standard-Fing, Fing don't warn me, if an intruder tries to get in my network. Then the history of the devices is in the Standard-Fing now limited to the last three events. And so on. All important functions for safety in the network are lost in the (new) Standard-Fing. The Premium-Fing bring me these functions back. You wrote: "No Fingbox functionality has been removed." That's not correct. The Fing-App before the Update had the functionality of the new Premium-Fing-App. Please tell me, how can I get the old version with all the very important safety-functions back?
    Thanks for your help, SchatziPuffi ...
  • SchatziPuffi
    Hi @Ciaran,

thank you very much for your help. To test and verify the functions between the old Fing-App V9 and the new Fing-App V10 I have "buyed" the Premium version of the Fing-App for 1 week (free trial). As I wrote in my first post, with the Premium-Fing-App V10 all functions are available; like in the old free Fing-App V9.
    In order to test your suggestions, now i have to wait until the Premium free trial is over (this is on December 17th, 2020). Then the Standard-Fing-App is automatically active again. And then I will test and report to you, whether the old functionality is restored. I hope it so much!

I wish you a nice weekend and a peaceful 2nd Advent.
    SchatziPuffi

This discussion has been closed.