DNS ERRORS

Fing is an excellent program and when it says I have problems -Spectrum fusses up and says whatever they can think of to get me onto another target. One guy told me to call Best Buy..lol. Most of them try to help and when I asked my Main ANti-Malware program if running 2 VPN's even accidently could cause these DNS errors and time out and google telling me my signal lookis funny. I uninstalled FING from my phone and everything seems to be alright except for my malware program wanting details and screen shots and errors --things I am not getting anymore. I also have Fing on both my desktops -- what is the ideal way for me to run my FING.

Please help
Ken20

Best Answer

• Ken20
    Ken20 Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments Photogenic
    #2 Accepted Answer
    I am still far from understanding FING but I do have two desktop apps and They run 30 or more tests --lately all ok. Taking the program off my phone seemed to help a lot and my main antimalware watches the phone along with YUCK -- Mcafee that can't be uninstalled.
    Thank you --- all I know is things are much better and my main anti-malware program will not stop bothering me simply because I asked them about 2 VPN's and DNS errors.

Thank You Sir don't know what to do here -- I consider likely my answer.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,658
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ken20, one thing to keep in mind is that Fing desktop and mobile apps are separate products that don't interact together.   So using both products might not be necessary.  I would look at it this way.  if you want always on visibility into your network, a Fingbox with the mobile app are the way to go.  It's always on, does not need an app to be running for collection and provides some decent protection against a few bad attack vectors.

If however you just need something to kick up when needed, to look at a snapshot in time of your network for instance, the mobile or desktop app would work, without a Fingbox.  The bonus of the desktop is that if you leave it running, it will continue to collect data.  Also keep in mind in the desktop and the mobile app without Fingbox, there are premium subscriptions that can let you do more with them but you will need to weigh whether it makes sense for your needs.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,658
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I run the app on my desktop and via a Fingbox/mobile app and have not seen any adverse reaction so your particular issue is interesting. If removing it worked for you that’s really all that matters.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Ken20
    Ken20 Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments Photogenic
    well, I have a VPN and wifi protection software on both desktops courtesy of rather expensive main malware protection -- so I think without knowing the tech. terms I was overprotected. The phone still has software on it-- just not FING. And It has a VPN which I never had on my phone before. Thanks --- now i'm not sure what to do but I agree with you. Answered.