Devices with multiple IP addresses

I changed my router recently, and I noticed that a bunch of devices are now listed with multiple IP addresses. For example my fingbox (which I've rebooted several times) has two
How can I clear that up?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,666
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @RedBullet, the Fing apps will allow you to delete records were the IP address is not active.  That should remove the old records and clean things up for you.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaran
  • RedBullet
    RedBullet Member Posts: 24
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well, they just appear as "Additional IP" address under the same device
  • RedBullet
    Oh nvm. It looks like it was a Raspberry Pi that had both a wired/wireless connection. Well played.
    Marc
  • hikʷ_qədxʷ
    hikʷ_qədxʷ Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

I have a Dishnetwork satellite turner that currently has eleven (11) active IP addresses assigned to the same MAC.

Anyone have a solution for that?

The third party customer service contractor doing tech support doesn't have a clue.

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi,
    From previous user queries, there are a number of possibilities:
    Some devices will have a multiple IP's e.g. With an Apple Airport, it does have multiple IP's one each of interfaces in the router.
    Or,
    If you see a device multiple times, with different MAC addresses, it may be caused by some Wi-Fi Extenders and bridges. Try removing the Wi-Fi Extender, wait 10 minutes and look a the device list again. If the duplicates are “grayed-out” then the Extender is behaving in a questionable way. Moving to a Mesh WiFi network would prevent this. Multiple IP and MAC addresses may also be due to the devices connecting using BOTH wired and wireless interfaces. 
    I dont know if these are of help, but if any other users have any other suggestions, please advise? thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• RedBullet
    So I've been puzzled by my new Orbi mesh network. I've been seeing devices sharing an IP address, devices (MAC addresses) with multiple addresses, and devices changing IP addresses on a regular basis.
    I'm going to stop running fing until I figure this out...