Fingbox red light and log file

ccwebsurfer
ccwebsurfer Member Posts: 2
Photogenic First Comment
My fingbox has been running for one year without issue. It is connected directly to my router via ethernet. Yesterday afternoon it displayed a red light. After searching through the community here I did not find a solution that worked to resolve. I tried unplugging the fingbox power and ethernet cables and restarting the router and then reconnecting the fingbox which did not work. Overnight, it resolved whatever issue it had. I can't seem to find any notification, log file or more information in the IOS app, Fingbox or Windows Desktop app to find out what happened to cause this error. What am I missing?
Tagged:

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 891
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,721
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ccwebsurfer, there could be numerous reasons why fing could not connect to its cloud provider (The red light reason).  Most of these could be with your provider or the internet but as you have seen, the Fingbox does not log its issues directly.  Let me tag   @robin or @Ciaran from Fing to see if they can shed any light on this.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • ccwebsurfer
    ccwebsurfer Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thank you both for the quick response. I'll add AWS to my Down Detector app for future awareness.
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 891
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2020 #5

I'm not sure if that will work since AWS has thousands of servers but I'm sure there are ways to check if AWS services are having issues.