AWS Server issue - affecting Fing Services (FIXED)

2»

Comments

• kgrierkgrier Santa Barbara, CA, USAMember, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    My fingbox went back online when I reconnected this AM, was working OK for awhile, but is reporting as "not connected" now and I have no networks in the online app but the android app shows the fingbox online. Lots of value for the "premium" I just paid for to support the company, but really should not have need to. 
  • Jperry11227Jperry11227 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    @Ciaran Can you please disassociate my fingbox from my account?
  • BitStormBitStorm Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    mine still flashes red, i think there is some bugs in their fix.  ill try a hard reset again and pray that fixes the issue.  If amazon is this unstable, perhaps consider using microsoft servers or google?  I too thought my network was under some strange cyber attack, and almost went on the offensive .   Last night for hours it was going red every so many minutes, and stay red for several minutes and go back to blue, and vice versa, ad infinitum.  The interesting thing is this happened during an italian holiday.  That's the problem with coincidences, they make you think things that aren't true.
    kgrier
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,081
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited December 2020
    Edited post: it appeared as if the servers were not contactable again, but it seems to be working fine now. Disregard.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    admin
    Hi @Jperry11227, thanks, thats done now.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • AustinJerryAustinJerry Member Posts: 74
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Well, my Fingbox went offline again one hour ago.  The LED is solid green.  I have no idea how to trouble-shoot this issue, other than powering it off and on again.  There must be a better way.  Suggestions?
    Fingbox owner from the beginning
  • AustinJerryAustinJerry Member Posts: 74
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    My Fingbox is offline again at 6pm my time (GMT-6).
    Fingbox owner from the beginning
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 774
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for service to be restored, no need to power off.

My Fingbox went down for a few minutes about 30 minutes ago, it seems there may still be some service issues.

• kgrierkgrier Santa Barbara, CA, USAMember, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Been up and down for me, including nginx 504 Gateway timeouts to app.fing.com. Up now though. 4:41PM PDT. 
  • Jperry11227Jperry11227 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    Hi @Ciaran.  My fingbox has now become unresponsive.  I have done a full reset by holding in the reset button while plugging it in and it goes to the green flashing.  When I go to the fing app i get Authentication Failed.  Can you please help me?
    Fro1mcd2008
  • GoGoJoeGoGoJoe Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Working fine for me now.. since 10am est st time. Glad you guys got it working. - I live in Washington dc area

Ciaran
    admin
    Hi All, thank you for all of your feedback thus far. I have merged all of your posts that seem to relate to this issue, into this thread. I am going to reach out to each of you one by one today to troubleshoot the issue with you (in order to gather symptoms, identify trends & root cause & then of course solution). Please bear with me and keep an eye on your private mails. Thank you
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Fro1mcd2008
    admin

UPDATE 10TH DEC, 10:00 CET:   We will be performing a scheduled server reboot today to help resolve any outstanding connectivity issues follow the recent AWS outage.

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
  • Fro1mcd2008Fro1mcd2008 Danville ILMember Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    12-08-20 Fingbox was offline for 7 hours. I reset the Fingbox all seemed well, with green light flashing.
    Tried to delete Fingbox from account but would not work.
    12-09-20 Fingbox was gone from my account. Trying to Authenticate devise fails 
    12-10-20 Reset Fingbox again still can not connect to account. My Account state says "Error"
    Any help would be great. 
    Thanks
    admin
    HI @Fro1mcd2008, I am sorry to hear. I have sent you a private mail to troubleshoot further. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
  • magptmagpt Member, Beta Tester Posts: 16
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Happened to my Fingboxes, but now all normal  :)
    Ciaran
  • LuisregLuisreg Member Posts: 7

I noticed my fingbox has stopped refreshing since Dec 8th. Box is online and reachable but it hasn’t updated anything since then.

I’ve already logged off and in back to no success.

I understand you have fixed this issue but it might still be there?

Would you be able to give me any support on this issue?

Thank you

• BitStormBitStorm Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    fingbox is red again... and flashing... again...  12/12/2020 12:37 EST
  • Chuckles_GrChuckles_Gr CanadaMember Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Yup, mine did the same thing (West Coast Canada) but has just returned to normal 5 mins ago. (22:05 PST )

• mozarellamozarella Member, Beta Tester Posts: 113
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Seems another outage 12.12.20 during morning hours (MET)
  • LuisregLuisreg Member Posts: 7

I’m wondering if anyone from Fing will ever take care of my support request. I paid for a fingbox, a product which company offers NO tech support, bur we have to rely on community-based which of course will not be able to give a quick or customised client treatment.

Is anyone even monitoring these forums at all? I’ve also sent DMs to @Ciaran and other admins to no success.

admin
    @Luisreg, I can see you posted your initial comment here on the 12th December. To note, our Support team hours are from 09:00-18:00 Mon - Fri BST. To your question, is anybody monitoring these forums? Absolutely, you will see from this thread and other threads we are actively engaging with the Fing Community daily. Regarding your support request, I have now set up a support ticket for you. Our Support team will be in contact with you today. Please check your private mails. Finally, I noticed that you posted the same post across 3 different locations, in order to keep the Community clean, please ensure to just post a request/comment once. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)