Faulty Fing Alerts

Ufudu
Ufudu Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited December 16, 2020 in Fing App #1
I have fingbox and the fing app. I keep receiving email device state alerts for a nest camera which are sent before they are alleged to have happened (eg alert received at 4:22 am notifying me of a state change discovered at 9:22 and alleging the camera had been off line since 7:36 am. None of which is true. The nest camera has been online throughout

Comments

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ufudu

Can you check the State change alerts timing you have set on your Fing app?
    The reason you may be experiencing this issue in relation to alerts for specific device, is that you might have changed the state change alert from default value to a different value. The usual default value is 20 minutes. Sometimes, when the device is not in use, it may go to sleep mode and then if the state change is set to the lowest value of 1 or 2 minutes, it can be recorded as offline or out of range. So, when it returns back from the sleep mode, it will be marked as 'Online' and thus providing you with an alert. If the state change alert value is set to more than 20 minutes, then until that time period is finished, that device will still be marked 'Online' and only after that time period it will be recorded as 'Offline', thus providing you with an alert. 

In order to change the alert settings, please click on the device from the device list and then scroll down to 'State Change Timeout(auto)' . You can then set the value to at least 20 minutes or if you don't want the alert for this device then you can turn off the alert for that device

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Ufudu
    Ufudu Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Robin

Thank you for coming back to me.

The device state change timeout was set for 5 mins, I've changed it to 20.

Its not clear to me why I would he receiving a timeout announcing a timeout in the future and that it was discovered in the future while the device continued to function online.

Regards

Mike

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Can you check if you are still receiving alerts @Ufudu ? Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!