on Mac find says it is not connected to the internet as soon as I start Parallels!

simon_fing
simon_fing Member Posts: 3
First Comment
on Mac find says it is not connected to the internet as soon as I start Parallels - yet I can still browse internet on Safari (Mac OS) & Edge (Windows). Why does Fing not see the network via the Mac default network?

Answers

• simon_fing
    First Comment
    find > Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,740
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @simon_fing
    I am not sure about parallels and what job does this application does. But if you quit this app and the Fing desktop works fine then it might not compatible with Fing desktop or it might be masking the real network like VPN which disables the Fing desktop from identifying the network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • simon_fing
    First Comment
    Sorry spelling corrector caused find > Fing in place of Fing.
    Parallels is VM environment to run Microsoft Windows and yes I found out that starting and then quitting it stops and starts Fing. I have discovered I can run Fing in the Windows VM but it would be good to run it on the Mac. Mac OS & Windows are on a shared LAN ie same subnet not bridged so I'm not why Fing stops. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,740
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    It seems like VM might be using some ports which Fing desktop also works on or in this case, Fing desktop might not compatible with this VM.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!