Are you having trouble accessing your Fingbox functionalities from the App?

CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,081
1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
admin
If you are having problems accessing your Fingbox functionality, firstly, ensure you are logged into the account associated with your Fingbox (check this from the 'Account' tab).

If your Fingbox network is not displaying on your 'Home' tab, you can add the Fingbox network manually. To add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:
  1. Sign in to the Fing app

2. From the Home tab, click on "All Networks" or "3 lines icon"

3. If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Scanned Networks'

4. Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.

5. You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it

6. Hit Close

If you want to swap to a different network as well, follow the same steps and from 'Scanned Networks' you can select your network and it will show all devices connected to it.

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
CiaranRobinOKCjjrice7788

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,081
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

FOR iOS USERS:

I have tested on an iOS device to personally verify steps (generally both Android & iOS will follow the same flow, however, at times there are very slight differences).

To add a network to your 'Home' tab on an iOS device:

1) Ensure you are logged into the account associated with your Fingbox

2) Go to 'Home' tab

3) On the 'Home' tab, at the very top, you will see the current network that you are connected to. To the very right hand side (across from where the 'Scan for devices' icon is, you will see an icon (3 lines & bullet points icon). Press that.

4) A list of networks will appear. At the very top of the list, you will see 'My Fingboxes'. Choose the network associated with your Fingbox and swipe from right to left

5) 2 icons will appear and illuminate: a 'Home' icon in blue & and 'Trash' icon in red. Click once on the blue 'Home' icon.

Your Fingbox network will now be added to the top of your 'Home' tab.

An alternative way to access your Fingbox dashboard would be to:

1) From the 'Home' tab, click on 'Scan for devices'

2) An options list will appear, choose 'Show Fingbox network', click on that.

This will bring you to your Fingbox dashboard where you will see the tabs for all of the Fingbox functionality.

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jjrice7788
  • Jperry11227Jperry11227 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

@Ciaran my fingbox never shows up under my fingbox since your server issue. I am not able to add it to the network that it is on and if I do add fingbox through settings it does not see it. What should I do?

jjrice7788
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,477
    2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited December 2020

@Ciaran my fingbox never shows up under my fingbox since your server issue. I am not able to add it to the network that it is on and if I do add fingbox through settings it does not see it. What should I do?

Have you followed this article steps above?
    I believe your Fingbox is not added to Home tab which is why you are not able to view it. Please follow the steps above and your issue will be resolved. If the issue remains, please DM me your MAC address of your Fingbox.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jjrice7788
  • Jperry11227Jperry11227 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

I am not able to add to home network. I can see the scanned networks but when you swipe left there is only delete.

jjrice7788
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,477
    2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

I am not able to add to home network. I can see the scanned networks but when you swipe left there is only delete.

Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can check? thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jjrice7788
  • cagouillecagouille Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hi everybody, especialy those who tried to help me,
    I have already read x times the sentence:
    "If you are having problems accessing your Fingbox functionality, firstly, ensure you are logged into the account associated with your Fingbox"
     Ok but i thought it was good. How do i know i was wrong ! until i decided to test all my  email accounts. I found one ok !!!
    In fact,  since my fing app had given me a lot of information about my network, i thought my fingbox was ok! But fing app works alone for all this data.  
    Now everything seems ok. I can "pause" or "block" devices. And also prevent new ones from entering my network.
    Thank a lot. i saw i was not alone with my problems in this forum.

Robinjjrice7788