Hide / remove ‘Upgrade to premium’ banners/ads

dmg15
dmg15 Member Posts: 11
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Hi,

After the most recent update to fing for ios, i am being bombarded with banners and ads to upgrade to ‘fing premium’.

Not only did i already pay for the ad-free version of the fing app, but i have also purchased a fingbox v1 and v2.

The ‘restore’ option doesnt recognise any of these purchases.

Can you please make those banners go away for people who have already paid or who have a fingbox or both.

thanks 🙂

Answers

• Ajax
    Ajax Member Posts: 35
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2020 #2

How can I opt out of Fing marketing notifications through my Fingbox app such as the Black Friday notification I just received?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ajax
    The pop up is from the Fing app if you have enabled notifications from Fing app. We can disable the marketing emails but this pop up is for one time due to black Friday deals. I have forwarded the request to disable the marketing emails for your Fing account. I hope it helps.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @dmg15 @Ajax
    I have checked with the products and engineering team and as of now there is no way to disable this notification but it will only appear once and you can choose to ignore it. For future deals and notifications, I have taken the feedback and passed on to our team to disable the alerts. If anything changes, I will update you here. Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • dmg15
    dmg15 Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

My question was regarding this ⬆️ And this ⬇️