Cannot see Fingbox since V10.0

ErnieBernie
ErnieBernie SwedenMember Posts: 41
10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Anniversary
✭✭
edited November 27, 2020 in Deals #1

Hi. I have the Fingbox for a long time now and the iPhone app. Why should I suddenly upgrade to Premium? Is the Fingbox suddenly useless without a premium subscription?

Paul_A

Best Answers

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer

Hi @ErnieBernie, & @Paul_A nope, your Fingbox is certainly not useless. All of your functionality will still work as previous without having to upgrade to premium.

To clarify:   In recent months we have launched Fing Premium. Fing Premium subscribers will have access to additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software.

Premium Plan info: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

Since its inception, we continued to add features to Fingbox, free of charge (e.g. auto-block functionality, expanded monthly reports etc.). All of these existing Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription required to access these features on your Fingbox. If you cannot see any of your existing Fingbox features, please ensure you are logged into the correct account associated with your Fingbox (this can be checked on the 'Account' tab of the app)

We now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

Currently, whilst there are benefits for Fingbox users (e.g. local API tool), Fing Premium is particularly beneficial to the Mobile App & Fing Desktop users. However, going forward, we do plan on adding additional features that will also further benefit Fingbox users.

It is completely optional if users want to subscribe or not, as mentioned, if you are a Fingbox user, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

I hope this helps

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Paul_A
  • Ciaran
    admin
    #3 Accepted Answer

Hi All,

Following on from my previous post, if your Fingbox network is not appearing on the 'Home' tab of the App (and you are logged into the account associated with your Fingbox), to add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to the Fing app

2. From the Home tab, click on "All Networks" or "3 lines icon"

3. If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Scanned Networks'

4. Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.

5. You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it

6. Hit Close

If you want to swap to a different network as well, follow the same steps and from 'Scanned Networks' you can select your network and it will show all devices connected to it.

To further assist, I have compiled the following graphic to help you do this:

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Answers

• Paul_A
    Paul_A Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have the same question - I got my V1 box via the original crowd funding launch - I thought part of that included subscription?  Features I used to have I now loose with the recent upgrade.
    ErnieBernie
  • Paul_A
    Paul_A Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for the reply Ciaran. I think the issue of the confusion is caused by the communication / new app interface.
    Indeed when I check the app i can see i still see things like 'timeline of events' and have auto block new devices on so would automatically get notified if a new device tried to join.
    Your earlier announcement and communications imply i will loose these? But i think you have a third option (for those with a Fingbox) that it will continue to work without a subscription - could you confirm this is correct?
    Perhaps worth clarifying?

• Ciaran
    admin
    Thanks @Paul_A, yes, If you have a Fingbox you will not lose your Fingbox functionality
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• leoberaldo
    leoberaldo Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Sorry, @Ciaran. But the iOS 10 version did exactly what ErnieBernie just described.. I also have a Fingbox and it is now practically useless. Is it a version bug?
  • ErnieBernie
    ✭✭

see screenshot below. Actual Fingbox doesn’t show anymore on the home screen and everywhere else it’s shown premium. I have logged out and in again but no change. Restore button doesn’t help either. What to do? Thanks

• ErnieBernie
    ✭✭

Hi @Ciaran I didn’t see your reply until now. Kindly check my screenshots and let me know. I am logged into Fingbox with same account.

• Ciaran
    admin
    Hi @ErnieBernie & @leoberaldo, to access your Fingbox Functionality you need to access your Fingbox dashboard (same as previous). To do so:
    1) Initially, ensure you are logged into the Fing account associated with your Fingbox
    2) Access your Fingbox Dashboard (from the 'Home' tab). You can do this by clicking directly on the Fingbox network or by choosing 'Scan for Device' and then choosing 'Fingbox Network'  
    3) This will bring you to your Fingbox dashboard, where you will see all of the tabs that give access to all of your Fingbox functionality
    To see more on Fingbox functionality: https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox-101/

As mentioned, no functionality has been removed, however, if you are having difficulty accessing any of the functionality, please review the knowledge base link included above. Still cant find what you are looking for, no problem, simply reply here with the functionality you are looking for and we will be happy to help. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Ciaran
    admin
    @ErnieBernie, I have sent you a private mail to troubleshoot further (as I am asking for personal information relating to your account, I am not posting it publicly) Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• mziouche
    mziouche Member, Beta Tester Posts: 0
    First Anniversary Photogenic

I what’s wrong with version 10 ? I don’t havé anymore my fingbox. I can only see thé current wifi network but no icon to see my 3 fingbox.

can you help me ?

regards

Malik

• ErnieBernie
    ✭✭
    Hi Ciaran. Thanks for your reply. Email well received and replied.  I followed your instructions as above and found the functions. However I think it's quite strange that every time I go into my app I have to "scan for devices" while before the Fingbox was always shown at the top of the screen of my app. This feels like a insecure version in my opinion, now I have to force connection instead. And with these premium warnings flashing it's like having an app with advertisements. Hope you understand what I mean.
  • Ciaran
    admin
    Hi @ErnieBernie, thank you for troubleshooting that with me. I am glad you found your Fingbox functionality. The security will not be compromised in any way, however, I completely understand where you are coming from regarding navigating to your Fingbox functionality. If you could send a final screenshot of your Home tab via mail(where the Fingbox network was previously), I will then take this to our Product team for consideration. Thanks again
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• ErnieBernie
    ✭✭
    Hi again. I have forwarded several screenshots. Hope they will help you. Thanks again. Kinds regards Erwin
  • Ciaran
    admin
    Brilliant, thanks @erwin. As mentioned, I am following up on this. For everybody else, to access your Fingbox features:

1) On 'Home' tab, click on 'Scan for Devices'
    2) An option will then open up. Choose 'Show Fingbox Network' - this will then open your Fingbox dashboard

Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• leoberaldo
    leoberaldo Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    @Ciaran, thank you for the instructions. However, even connected with the fingbox network, on the events option of any given device the only thing that is displayed is  “no recent event to display, go premium etc”
  • davidlusskin
    davidlusskin Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    I’m not very happy. Since you have rolled out various upgrades, I have been gradually seeing the functionality of my Fing box deprecated. My event timeline, is limited now I have to pay for premium to get the same functionality I had in the past. The ability to probe my router for vulnerabilities used to be included in my Fing box, now premium only. I believe you need to fix the situation.
  • Ciaran
    admin
    Hi @davidlusskin, the vulnerability tool has not been removed for Fingbox users. I believe where the confusion may lie is that the Vulnerability tool is a tool that users on Fing mobile app & Fing Desktop can avail of if they sign up for Fing Premium. If you have a Fingbox, you do not need Fing Premium to access this tool (as it is part of your Fingbox). To access all Fingbox tools, please go to the Fingbox dashboard.
    Regarding the time line reporting. Previously, you are correct, the time line reporting was reduced to a 7 day time frame.
    Consulting with our Product team, they confirmed the following:
    Timeline Reporting: We want to leverage its content to the full extent rather than cold-storing it (or worse, having to delete the content), as it provide tremendous value to understand and optimize the network. We’ve not been able so far to provide analysis about the presence, the power consumption, the access to comparison in the App spanning longer periods. These evolutions require more resources to ensure the same level of quality is preserved to all Fingboxes. Limiting the timeline is a resource-conscious activity that we might tune but definitely needs to take place. However, after receiving feedback from users that they would strongly like this increased from 7 days,  considering the above points along with user feedback, we are going to expand the Timeline Reporting period to 3 months.
    The changes to the Timeline reporting (& thence the Monthly performance report) will be implemented by the end of November (in time for your November Monthly Report). The change will be retroactive for October also (i.e. you will be able manually to download a report for October also) . Thanks again for your feedback.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

This discussion has been closed.