What does “Device is trying to join the network” mean

Ksully
Ksully Member Posts: 1

i have some smart switches that stopped working and do not show up in the app, also fing says the switches have disconnected. When I checked fing it says “Device is trying to join the network” what does that mean in detail?? It’s like 7 different switches and different models. Also nothing has changed, they just stopped working around 8pm tonight.

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ksully
    If any of your devices or unknown devices try to connect to your network then Fing app will alert you that device is trying to make the connection. If you have Fingbox and automatic block new device feature is enabled then Fingbox will block those devices.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • rajisrani1605
    rajisrani1605 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Hello

Have a similar issue but I have not blocked new devices to join the network? How to fix this?

thanks

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin

Hello

Have a similar issue but I have not blocked new devices to join the network? How to fix this?

thanks

You might have enabled "Automatically block new device" feature which is blocking the device if they are changing their MAC address. You can disbale this feature by selecting Fingbox network and then go to network tab, scroll down and disable the feature
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • rajisrani1605
    rajisrani1605 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

It’s already disabled. It was working all along till it stopped a few days back. It is showing an IP address 0.0.0 now

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin

It’s already disabled. It was working all along till it stopped a few days back. It is showing an IP address 0.0.0 now

If the IP address is 0.0.0.0 then it means it did not connect to your network otherwise it will get valid IP address. Can you disable Fingbox and then check if the device is able to connect to internet or not? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)