Combine two separate networks in separate houses under one email address

I manage two houses with separate networks with Fingboxes installed in each. Each network has its own account with a different email address. I would like to be able to combine the two networks under one email address for simpler administration. How do I do this? Thanks!

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Steve_M_1095
    If I understand you correctly you are trying to add 2 different network Fingboxes under one Fing account. Is that right? If yes, then it is possible. 

First of all, I would like you to perform a reset of the Fingbox from old account and then perform the following steps. 

If you are connected to the network that you want to add the Fingbox too then in order to add the Fingbox please check the mentioned settings are done. 

Under App Settings, please make the following 2 changes: 

1. Disable Reverse DNS Lookup 

2. Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. 

To do this: 

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

These changes should help with the issues in scanning.  

In order to add the Fingbox to the Fing App, make sure that the Fingbox is powered off first. 

1. Connect your device(phone or tablet) to the network that you want to add the Fingbox too 

2. Scan the network to create that network in the Fing App 

3. Make the recommended changes to the App Settings 

4. Connect the Fingbox to the network that you are trying to add it to, and plug it in 

5. Once the Fingbox is powered up and it's green 

6. Try to add the Fingbox to that network. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Also, you can DM the picture of the Fingbox displaying Fingbox MAC address and let us know registered email address as well and then we can add the second Fingbox to your Fing account.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!