Fingbox notifications, can I only turn off devices in range?

PeterP
PeterP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 62
Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments
✭✭✭
I only want to get notified when devices actually connect to my network, not when wireless devices are only in range. I don't see anyway in the notifications settings to do this. Right now I get notified for both and its very annoying.  Am I missing something?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @PeterP

The reason you may be experiencing this issue in relation to alerts for specific devices, is that you might have changed the state change alert from default value to a different value. The usual default value is 20 minutes. Sometimes, when the device is not in use, it may go to sleep mode and then if the state change is set to the lowest value of 1 or 2 minutes, it can be recorded as offline or out of range. So, when it returns back from the sleep mode, it will be marked as 'Online' and thus providing you with an alert. If the state change alert value is set to more than 20 minutes, then until that time period is finished, that device will still be marked 'Online' and only after that time period it will be recorded as 'Offline', thus providing you with an alert. 

In order to change the alert settings, please click on the device from the device list and then scroll down to 'State Change Timeout(auto)' . You can then set the value to at least 20 minutes. This will resolve your issue.

As of now, we have not implemented feature to enable alert for new devices only.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • PeterP
    PeterP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 62
    Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭
    The timeout value is not the issue, network connections and devices in range are two different events and should be treated as such in notifications. The should be able to be  turned on or off independently. Please add this to your engineering team to do list.
    Robin_from_Fing