WiFi Shows 2 Xfinity2020

Is it odd to have 2 wifi user names? There are 2 Xfinity2020 on my network. I'm concerned about other things such as my Facebook and LinkedIn pages. I also think someone is monitoring my emails.

Comments

• Bitsy
    Bitsy Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Any thoughts out there?  Thank you!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bitsy
  • Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 346
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bitsy please provide some screenshots & further information as it’s not clear what the issue is from the description provided. Thanks.
    [Deleted User]
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    So, I looked back through my iPhone screenshots and cannot find the evidence but I may have it somewhere else.  I had Fing for maybe a month and found the two Wifi network names Xfinity2020 appear on my computer and on Fing.  I am new to monitoring my computer network and thought this looked weird.  I hope I can find a screenshot of it.  Does Fing keep any info?  Woud they have my scan from from my other MAC desktop?  I have a new one now because my old MAC was acting so funny.  My ex-husband said it was because the MAC was old.  My work gmail on that desktop would just go offline out of the blue.  After several weeks of problems with that, I found Fing.  My internet connection was great.  Again, I am very concerned about my work emails.  
    Bitsy
  • Shooter
    Shooter Member Posts: 81
    Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2020 #7
    Hi @Bitsy,

What your seeing is how Comcast sets up your Xfinity Internet Service, for two network frequencies, a 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz. Although Fing doesn't automatically differentiate this difference via the network names, you should see their individual MAC Addresses are slightly different. I hope that clarifies your concern. 
    [Deleted User]Pixel
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Thank you very much. I do not have a Fing Box.  I have the desktop app and the iPhone app.  I took a picture of the Fing issue on my phone. I am going to try and share it now.  
  • Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 346
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2020 #10
    hi @Bitsy the “xfinitywifi” items are wi-fi access ports & “xfinity2020” (i’m guessing but pretty sure) are the ethernet ports for your router/modem as mentioned by @Shooter .
    There’s nothing to worry about with them, however you could change your wifi passwords if you are concerned someone might have access to your network.
    Bitsy
  • Shooter
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2020 #11
    Deleted. 
  • Shooter
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Bitsy,

Based on your printout, the SSIDs your seeing is how Comcast sets up your Xfinity Internet Service for the two network frequencies on your router, a 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz, as well as a guest network Hotspot, and finally a public WiFi Hotspot.

The first (Xfinity2020) is your network's 2.4GHz network on channel 6.

The second SSID (xfinitywifi) is the public Hotspot.

The third SSID and 2nd of (Xfinity2020) is your network's 5.0GHz network on channel 157.

The fourth SSID (XFINITY) is the guest network provided by Comcast for those you prefer not to provide your private network's password.

I hope this helps!
    Pixel
  • Bitsy
    10 Comments Photogenic

Thank you!