I have diferent IPs for a single device. Why?

Dani
Dani Member Posts: 10
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited November 18, 2020 in Fing App #1

Hi! Today I did a device scan on my network from the fing app (not from fingbox). I was connected to my 2.4G wifi, in which I have connected several devices and my fingbox. The output shows me 2 routers that appear to be the same router (mine). But one of them has its normal IP (192.168.1.1) and another 5 additional IPs that coincidentally are the same IP as each of the devices connected to this network.

Can someone explain to me why this happens?

Thanks a lot

Answers

• PWTCC
    PWTCC Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    I had the same and determined it was a box used to observe what TV stations I viewed.   I contacted them and they tried but never resolved the issue.   I canceled the service which I was getting paid, and disconnected that device.  Now I am back to one IP for the router itself and no funky junk going on in my network.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Dani
    How many access points are active in your network? Are you using any switch or extender? Have you checked under router settings if your router is using the same IP address or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Dani
    Dani Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi how are you ?

Im only have one access point.

With the tipical IP 192.168.1.1

I have a switch, (Dlink) but, no devices connected to it. And is a switch, not a repiter or a wifi extender.

When i scan from fingbox (not from the fing app scan) all looks very good. (See screenshot below)

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Dani
    Did you check under router settings and switch and how many devices were behind switch and were those devices behind switch getting the same IP addresses as displayed by fing app?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!