Hi everyone, I have a question about device blocking.

RodgRodg Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited November 8 in Devices & Security

I recently upgraded to a new router abs my Fing box won’t unblock it. Can anyone advise why the unblocking isn’t even appearing like it normally dies and yet it says the device is blocked (my new router) It doesn’t appear to be blocked on my network the way it normally does. I’m stuck and would like to be able to unblock the device.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Rodg

You can unblock devices in 2 ways: 

• Open Fing App and sign in.
    • Click on Fingbox/Network name from the Home tab
    • Go to the 'Device' tab
    • Click on the specific device 
    • Scroll down to 'Manage this device'
    • You will see a red icon saying 'Unblock device'. Click that and it will unblock the device.

Alternatively

• After opening Fingbox/Network name from the Home tab
    • Go to the 'Network' tab
    • Scroll down to the 'Restricted devices' section and click on it.
    • This will display all the devices that have been blocked (along with the option to 'Unblock')

I hope this helps.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    036444744808Rodg

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 762
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you saying that you have no Internet on devices connected to the new router due to Fingbox?

• RodgRodg Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited November 10

Hi there thank you. I am already aware of how to unblock devices and have done so many many times. However In the case of the new router being blocked the option to unblock or to block but in my case all other devices have this option but the router just has no option with nothing in the Fing box app to block or unblock there. That’s what I’m trying to say.

yes I do still have internet access and the Fing box isn’t flashing to say it’s blocking anything I just can’t get rid of it saying it’s blocked in the app at all.

Thank again for assistance

admin
    Hi @Rodg
    Can you share the screenshot of the blocked device? Also, Can you delete the device and then scan again and see if it still shows as blocked?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    admin
    Technical said:

Ad problem_motorola phone_ad show nhi kar rha_task complete nhi ho rha

I am sorry but unable to understand your concern. Can you please explain in detail so I can guide you?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    [Deleted User]036444744808
  • RodgRodg Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Thank you Robin. Appreciate Your assistance your second method has unblocked the router Cheers

Robin036444744808