How to Change BSSID at Home > Network > Access Points
Could someone PLEASE help me get this "problem" which I am starting to find very frustrating sorted out?
The short version: I want my Fing Android App to display my current WiFi SSID applied to my router rather than the old SSID which can be seen at Home > Network > Access Points. Under CURRENT WI-FI it is listed correctly (as explained in the first image) but not correct under Access Points (as explained in second image).
Please note: I have already tried the following in this order:
- Delete the Fing app data and cache from my phone and delete the app
- Ensure that I no longer had any Networks listed under my account at https://app.fing.com/app
- Basically followed these instructions: https://community.fing.com/discussion/1069/complete-fingbox-reset to reset the Fingbox (Version 1) - Note - I had to remove the screws holding the Fingbox casing together and use the Reset button on the PCB itself because the Reset option inside the pinhole broke a long time back - pretty flimsy build quality there IMO):
- Wait for the Fingbox to give me the blue light > proceed with on-boarding
What I noticed is that all the information which I would have assumed would be completely removed via a Fingbox device reset + data/cache/Fing App removal from phone + checking no Networks listed under my account at app.fing.com ... came back down to the phone app - now that is great in the case of custom device names etcetera but not so great that I am STILL seeing an old custom broadcast SSID name.
Please also note that I cannot find the option to remove a BSSID as described here either:
As another side note, I am also getting the "No internet connection ... This network is not connected to the Internet" error when I select CURRENT WIFI > Internet tab in the Android app -this seems to have already been documented here: https://community.fing.com/discussion/4563/fing-claims-not-connected-to-internet-gateway-is-not-healthy-yet-here-i-am/p1
What is it that I am not understanding here?
How can I fix this please?
- 5K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 940 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 101 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.5K Ask about Fing
- 419 Fing Account Change Request
- 895 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 470 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 149 Community Updates
- 21 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides