Mobile App is Crashing Selecting Time Zone

EdF
EdF Member Posts: 8
First Comment
Only recently, perhaps after an update, my mobile app started activating Scheduled Internet Pauses outside of the times they were set for, and I discovered in the browser app that the time zone had reset itself to the first one in the list instead of my correct time zone. I fixed it in the browser app, but when I select Time Zone in the Mobile App, the app crashes. Can someone advise how I can fix this without losing all of my years of customizations? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @EdF
    Which mobile device are you using to run Fing app? Also, Can you please re-install the Fing app if the issue persists and then check? In doing this, you will not lose any device customizations as all data is saved under your account.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • EdF
    First Comment
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy 8+. I uninstalled a reinstalled the Fing mobile app. When I went to Time Zone under Account, the app still crashed.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @EdF
    Do you have any other device on which you can install Fing app and then sign in and check if it is crashing as well or not? This will help us to isolate the issue. As I have investigated on different Android devices, everything seems to be working fine.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • EdF
    First Comment
    I installed it on another phone (a Samsung S5, my old phone), and it crashed on that phone as well when trying to access the Time Zone.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    EdF said:
    I installed it on another phone (a Samsung S5, my old phone), and it crashed on that phone as well when trying to access the Time Zone.
    Can you sign our of Fing app and then clear all cache and data from Android settings and then set the correct Time zone from Web app: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/dashboard and then sign in to your mobile app and then check if it still crashes or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • EdF
    First Comment
    I don't see my Scheduled Internet pauses in the Desktop app, only the mobile app. If I clear all data from the mobile app, will my Scheduled Internet pauses still be available when I then reopen the mobile app again?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    EdF said:
    I don't see my Scheduled Internet pauses in the Desktop app, only the mobile app. If I clear all data from the mobile app, will my Scheduled Internet pauses still be available when I then reopen the mobile app again?
    On Fing desktop, we have not integrated Fingbox features yet and Fing desktop is still a separate product than Fingbox and Fing mobile app. And yes, if you delete cache and data, the Scheduled Internet pauses will still be available
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • EdF
    First Comment
    I have deleted the mobile app cache and data, ensured the time zone was set correctly in the Desktop app, relaunched the mobile app. When I clicked on Time Zone, the mobile app crashed.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @EdF
    Will you able to share the crash reports from your Android device so I can investigate better? This is a reference link on how to access crash logs: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859174?hl=en&visit_id=637405302690008765-179338526&rd=1
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • EdF
    First Comment
    The link you provided takes me to has several brief instructions, none of which appear to tell me how to access a crash report on my mobile device, and it contains a handful of links, none of which appears to take me to crash reports on my mobile device. The only link that seemed to be the obvious choice was the link to the Play Console, which requires me to pay $25 for information. Please advise how I should access the crash reports on my mobile device that you need for your diagnosis.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    You dont have to pay anything to access crash logs. Let me check a link which tells how to access crash logs and I will get back to you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • EdF
    First Comment
    Do you have instructions for me to access the crash logs you would need?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    EdF said:
    Do you have instructions for me to access the crash logs you would need?
    Can you follow this link and if you are not able to access crash logs then let me know and I will seek developers advice for this issue?
    Link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859174?hl=en
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • EdF
    First Comment
    This is the same link you provided before. Which of the links within the page am I following? When I try the first one, Play Console, I cannot proceed without paying $25 to "Create a new developer account" (I am logged into Google when I am taken to the page asking to pay for the developer account).
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks @EdF
    I have opened a support ticket for you and I will investigate this issue and get back to you via your support ticket. If you have further queries please reply via mail. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)