Will fing buy back my fingbox?

GeoffdGeoffd Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited November 2 in Devices & Security

About 1.5-2 years ago I purchased a fingbox for presence detection and network protection as well as the electronic fence. Along with my expectations that these features would work reliably, it was advertised that I could sign up for the Buisness (or Enterprise) Beta and this would add features such as traffic reporting (to make sure the kiddo's are not up to bad things) and content filtering. Shortly after my new fingbox arrived, the beta was closed.

For the past couple months I have found that my devices are not identifying properly (mixing them up) my settings for offline timeout duration are make no difference. Most if not all of my device filter schedules are apparently not working either.

The topper for me is that now, the most basic features that were advertised as core functions on my fingbox when I bought it have become part of a subscription that is not included with my account... I have no reason to own this glorified flashing LED for network issues any longer....

FING, instead of upselling me on something I already paid for, I want a refund! I will send back this shitty device that only delivered on half of the advertised features for maybe 6 months, assuming you at least half-pay (trying to be realistic based on all fing related experience) for the return shipping and a full refund.

Thoughts? opinions? experiences? Anybody? Everybody? I will hunt down all sources selling this 'box and definitely report them all for fraud otherwise.

RonKK1LBkrismArk_dUncAnHeelderpeel

Comments

• Icaro2000Icaro2000 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    That's why I have Google Wifi....
  • DeepBlue23DeepBlue23 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Thats realy a shame! They took the essential features out and want to sell us them again... At least they should give all exisiting users premium for free...

GemBkrismArk_dUncAn
  • mccplusmccplus Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have seen an article saying "Fing becomes part of the Lansweeper family" and this is most likely for the change and if so i would send mine back also for a refund as it will only be software in the near fetcher 
  • OneOne Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Same here, LEGLLY speaking does someone have knowledge about these practices.
    i assume previous buyers should have premium for free.

OR MAYBE SOME COMMENTS WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT WOULD MAKE THEM THINK ABOUT US

ANY ALTERNATIVES TO FINGBOX ??
    Shame this was a good product
    Gem
  • OneOne Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Yep was bought by other company

link showing what previous buyers lost if u do not pay for premium 7£ a month ie 84£ per year almost price we paid

https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose

RonKK1L
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 963
    250 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Awesomes
    admin
    HI all, thank you for your comment. To confirm, no functionality was removed, what functionality are you referring to and perhaps I can then assist you further. Alternatively, please review the Knowledge Base in relation to Fingbox functionality which may be of use https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox/.
    Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    MrAmin_9Perkins
  • DeepBlue23DeepBlue23 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

No notifocation and blocking of new devices, history cut down without Premium.

admin
    Thanks @DeepBlue23, New device auto blocking is still available (also just tested to ensure there was no bug). Go to the 'Network' tab on your Fingbox dashboard and scroll down to 'Auto block new devices'. Please check the following article for reference (scroll down to 'Network Alerts') https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/first-day-fingbox/
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    MrAmin_9Perkins
  • BogFing123BogFing123 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Ciaran said:
    HI all, thank you for your comment. To confirm, no functionality was removed, what functionality are you referring to and perhaps I can then assist you further. Alternatively, please review the Knowledge Base in relation to Fingbox functionality which may be of use https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox/.
    Thanks
    Hi Ciaran, 
    I used to be able to access my digital fence and see all devices that entered the area of my fingbox, where did this feature go?
    Ciaran said:
    Thanks @DeepBlue23, New device auto blocking is still available (also just tested to ensure there was no bug). Go to the 'Network' tab on your Fingbox dashboard and scroll down to 'Auto block new devices'. Please check the following article for reference (scroll down to 'Network Alerts') https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/first-day-fingbox/
    you didn't address the history aspect to DeepBlue23's question. 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @BogFing123
    Can you make sure you are signed in to your Fingbox network. If you select All networks, do you see your Fingbox connected. Select your Fingbox network and then go to People tab and you will be able to see Digital Fence.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    MrAmin_9Perkins
  • GontourGontour Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I bought Fingbox with the thought I would be able to easily block internet sites. Kids can't un-see things.

My experience with fing to find an 'address' for ISP was a good intuitive one.

But the blocking feature seems to have been forgotten about.

At least I can open fing app and see a list of devices I forgot I owned....

And if a friend comes over they have to ask me to join my exclusive Internet club.

Would be good if fing at least has a go at site blocking , in an easy format. Bet they would be good at it.

Maybe an internet history with toggles to block to get going.. Just n idea.

admin
    Hi @Gontour, thanks for the suggestion & feedback. Fingbox can only perform blocking/pausing by device, i.e. you can schedule devices to block the wifi access. Unfortunately it will not block by site. This is something we tested (DNS filtering) approximately 2 years ago. After trials, we did not pursue with this feature. I will certainly pass on this feedback to our product team for consideration. Thanks again. For more on device blocking, please visit https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/device-blocking/

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    MrAmin_9Perkins
  • RonKK1LRonKK1L Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Ciaran said:
    Thanks
    This just not true. Several things have moved from standard to premium only. Notification history now only for a 24hr period, State change reporting, Intruder alert (1st seen on network), .... The FingBox is becoming less a tool I purchased with associated function, than a hardware spy device for FingFolk. Network scan software, speed check, etc is quite easy to come by. I did not buy a FingBox as a trojan horse loaded with a subscription service army.
  • BkrisBkris Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

One wonders if, Fing even reads these comments.

• BkrisBkris Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

• mArk_dUncAnmArk_dUncAn South Africa Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

Why has “Scheduled internet pause” stopped working?

admin
    Bkris said:

One wonders if, Fing even reads these comments.

We have been responding to you here, so yes. I have also just responded to your Direct Message. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    admin

Why has “Scheduled internet pause” stopped working?

The internet Pause functionality is still working. We have sent you a private message to get more information off of you to troubleshoot the issue you are facing. Please check your mail and respond directly. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    admin
    HI all, as a general note: No Fingbox tools have been removed from you/your Fingbox. We have received feedback from users in relation to the changes to the monthly internet performance report & timeline reporting. This feedback has been taken and communicated to our product team for review. We will revert with any feedback/update on this. But to confirm, besides the aforementioned reporting timeline/detail, absolutely no functionality has been removed from the Fingbox.
    Going forward, we will be adding new functionality to Fing Premium that will benefit some Fingbox users. However, it is completely up to users if they would like to subscribe, if the new features do not appeal to users, they can still to continue to use the existing suite of Fingbox functionality (i.e. the same as before). If you are having any issues accessing or operating any functionality please visit our knowledge base, or set up a new post with as much detail as possible and we will be happy to assist https://help.fing.com/article-categories/fingbox/. Thank you once again all for your feedback, and as mentioned, I will revert with any feedback in relation to the feedback already received in relation to the Monthly Performance report & timeline reporting. 
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    WOZ
    admin
    edited November 13

Hi all,

Once again, thank you everybody for your feedback on recent changes to Timeline Reporting & Monthly Performance report on Fingbox.

As promised, we have heard you and have completed the following:

1. We compiled all of your feedback regarding Timeline reporting & Monthly Performance report and communicated this with our Product team for consideration.
    2. Reached out to a sample group of Fingbox users to take part in a ‘Focus Group’ to discuss this feedback
    3. Some of you reported confusion that the Vulnerability tool was not working from your ‘Home’ tab and was appearing as a Premium feature, even though you have a Fingbox. To confirm, the Vulnerability tool still worked from the Fingbox Dashboard, but I completely appreciate how this caused confusion.

Please see below the feedback & updates in relation to the concerns raised:

Based on your feedback we are making the following changes:

·        Monthly Performance Reports:  The Internet Performance Report is a most-loved feature, which we spent quite some time in restructuring and improving on recently. The detailed calendar and day-by-day account appeal mostly to PROs, that are also likely to be Premium members, and clog up the report for the not-interested audience, hence the restriction.

However, after reviewing your feedback, it is clear that there is a wider user base who found this feature beneficial. We are going to reinstate Internet reports details in full.

·        Timeline Reporting: We want to leverage its content to the full extent rather than cold-storing it (or worse, having to delete the content), as it provide tremendous value to understand and optimize the network. We’ve not been able so far to provide analysis about the presence, the power consumption, the access to comparison in the App spanning longer periods. These evolutions require more resources to ensure the same level of quality is preserved to all Fingboxes.

While reducing the access to the Internet Report was more about simplifying the content, limiting the timeline is a resource-conscious activity that we might tune but definitely needs to take place. Considering this, along with your feedback, we are going to expand the Timeline Reporting period to 3 months.

·       Vulnerability Tool: as mentioned, we escalated the feedback about the Vulnerability tool not working from the ‘Home’ tab in the app. I agree that this was confusing. This change has been made this week, and now the vulnerability tool will now function from the Home tab (not just on the Fingbox dashboard) if you have a Fingbox (even if you are not subscribed to Fing Premium).

Ok, so when will these changes take place?

As mentioned, the change to the Vulnerability tool has been implemented already. The changes to the Timeline reporting & the Monthly performance report will be implemented by the end of November (in time for your November Monthly Report). The change will be retroactive for October also (i.e. you will be able manually to download a report for October also)

To close…

As mentioned, we have not and have no intention of removing existing Fingbox functionality. Also, we will be adding additional features for Fingbox, however this will be part of the Fing Premium Subscription.

Thank you once again for your feedback & I hope you enjoy the improvements made based on your feedback.

Ciaran, Robin & wider Fing Team

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
  • RyMoeRyMoe Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    You say that nothing has been removed but there is nowhere that I can find to assign users or to pause the internet access on a schedule. I've had this feature since I purchased my Fing from Indiegogo in 2017 before there were any 'Premium features'. Removing features we paid for already and making them Premium is not cool.
    Bkris
    admin
    Hi @RyMoe, the assign user functionality or pause the internet functionality have not been removed (& to repeat, neither have any other functionality). Please see the following article on how to pause internet for devices: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/internet-pause/

If you cannot see/access your Fingbox dashboard & hence Fingbox functionality, that would suggest that you may be not logged into your account associated with your Fingbox (which has happened to other users). To check this, please click on the Account tab & sign in with the account associated with your Fingbox. If you are still having issues seeing or accessing your functionality, please advise. I will then reach out privately (as I will need more information off of you to troubleshoot). Once the issue is resolved, I will post the outcome here for other users that may be facing the same problem. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)