Names change on App/Desktop

NewNewbieNewNewbie Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Fing App
I just spent an hour updating the names of my devices on my Fing - between the desktop app and the mobile app.  Everything was done and a few mins later I looked at my devices and they were back to the generic names.  Has anyone else had this happen and had any success keeping the devices named what you name them?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,206
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @NewNewbie
    Are you using an Apple device to run Fing mobile app? If you are using an apple device then please refer to this useful article: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14

If you have Fingbox and then you install Fing desktop then, first of all, you will see multiple networks under your account. Only those networks will merge from Fing mobile app and Fing desktop which are without Fingbox.  

Also, if you are in the mobile app and then you open Fing Desktop network then names, customization will merge but not with the Fingbox network. And if you have iOS 11+ without mac address and if you run a scan from there, you will see another network w/o any mac address. If you open the network pushed by Fing desktop, you will see it but will not be able to refresh from mobile.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!