check time

edgraaffedgraaff Voorachoten, NLMember Posts: 17
10 Comments Photogenic

Where can i check if the fingbox is running with the right internal time? After summer and wintertime i want co theck if the box follows correctly.

---
Follow us @ https:/www.fishfreak.org Fly-fish & -tie, Nordics, camp & outdoor

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,369
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @edgraaff, I am kind of hoping that Fing is using UTC and utilizes your set app time time zone to translate and display that to local time.  (Many os’s work this way). @Ciaran or @Robin, could you confirm?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,213
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    You are right. The Fing app picks the same timezone which the user has set on the Fing app and displays the local time.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • edgraaffedgraaff Voorachoten, NLMember Posts: 17
    10 Comments Photogenic

it is not the app it is the time at the fing device that i am looking for.

---
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,369
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was referring to the Fingbox as well. @Robin, can we assume the Fingbox also uses utc?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    admin
    Marc said:
    I was referring to the Fingbox as well. @Robin, can we assume the Fingbox also uses utc?
    Fingbox makes use of fing app settings. Whatever settings you have saved on Fing app, the fingbox will pick up those. Fingbox can only be managed by Fing app.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • edgraaffedgraaff Voorachoten, NLMember Posts: 17
    10 Comments Photogenic

ok i asumed i could check it by loggin in iver ssh and then use time commands or something like that

---
  • lov2krzlov2krz Member Posts: 19
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    @Robin I just updated my email preferences and was asked to set my time zone on Fing on the web.  There is only one US city on that list and none coincide with Los Angeles or San Francisco California.  I have the correct time zone set in the app but not the one associated with my email preferences and how and when to contact on the website.  This needs to be fixed too.
    admin
    Hi @lov2krz
    I have already passed on all missing Timezones to our developer for review and they are working on it to fix it. Once the fix is updated, it will be released with Fing app version. thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)