Wifi Protection blocking hidden SSID

Shaner1TxShaner1Tx Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic

My home wifi network SSID is hidden. I have this SSID configured on 2 Win10 Pro laptops and it connects and auto reconnects fine. After enabling Fingbox Wifi Protection the configured SSID on both laptops disappears from Windows as an available wifi network. It totally blocks this network and doesnt allow to be seen or connected. When I disable Wifi Protection all returns to normal and is seen and connects.

What's the solution to using Fingbox Wifi Protection and not blocking hidden SSID's ?

Answers

• Shaner1TxShaner1Tx Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Fing support, any thoughts here?  This is a controlled repeatable issue so currently unable to enable this feature. 
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,213
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Shaner1Tx
    I would advice you to change the hidden SSID settings and then add it to fingbox network and then you can change it back to hidden. Hope fully it will work then. In order to add the access point for Fingbox, first you need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network from the dropdown list. Go to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab.  

After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    The wireless router, network and windows 10 are already managed by Fingbox, have been for over a year.  What I recently tried is changing the wifi channel from 1 to 5 and that now fixes the issue, at least so far. I would like to understand why there has been no issue all this time and now all of a sudden the Fingbox wifi protect has issue with channel 1.
    admin
    It seems either the channel has been in use by your neighbors as well and this makes the channel very busy and might have created some confusion between Fingbox and router. At this stage, I can say for sure but if the issue persists, please let me know so we can investigate. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    The SSID is hidden, WPA2-PSK(AES) password protected and Deny all connectivity unless allowed by known approved MAC address list. No neighbors or anyone else.  
    admin
    Shaner1Tx said:
    The SSID is hidden, WPA2-PSK(AES) password protected and Deny all connectivity unless allowed by known approved MAC address list. No neighbors or anyone else.  
    thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I can't commit for sure but as I said if the issue persists, please let me know so we can investigate. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)