False device connection/disconnection

nfsanfsa Member Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary
Hi guys
In the past few weeks, fingbox randomly detects the connection of know devices which aren't connected or the disconnect of devices which are connected. This behavior started when I installed a new Asus mesh system (2 XT8 devices in AP mode). What should I do to fix this?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,171
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @nfsa , see this thread and let us know if it helps...  Particularly scroll down to the response by @Robin towards the bottom of the thread.

https://community.fing.com/discussion/3933/wi-fi-security-alerts-with-newish-mesh-network-deco-m3

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • nfsanfsa Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the issue.
    It might be related to the fact that each XT8 device has several mac addresses that keep appearing as rogue access points in my network (BSSID). Apparently, when I add then all the system starts behaving in this weird way. 
    Any ideas on what should I do next?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    nfsa said:
    Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the issue.
    It might be related to the fact that each XT8 device has several mac addresses that keep appearing as rogue access points in my network (BSSID). Apparently, when I add then all the system starts behaving in this weird way. 
    Any ideas on what should I do next?
    If you have any MAC randomization enabled on your router or any of your XT8 device then Fingbox will alert you. You need to make sure that all BSSID are added to your Fingbox network and Fingbox is connected to your main MESH node which is responsible for providing the Wifi. After that, power cycle may reduce those alerts but you may need to disable any MAC randomization feature which will continue providing you alerts unless it is turned off
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!