I'm running fing on my iphone and I am often finding that there is an "generic device" connected to my network. The only other devices that I find when I scan are my router and my iphone. I know for a fact that there aren't any other devices that I own that might be connecting to the internet (no cameras, TV devices, stereos, etc). The generic device also does not show a MAC address (so I can't search to find what sort of device / manufacturer it is).
I live in an apartment building. Could this generic device be a neighbor that's somehow accessing my network?
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 5.2K Ask about Fing
- 530 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 485 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 153 Community Updates
- 24 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides