Anyone experiencing disconnection issues with Macrium Reflect backups and Fing app?

Womeara_6Womeara_6 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
First Comment Photogenic
edited October 16 in Fing Desktop discussions
I am being disconnected from network before the final step of Macrium's backup when it attempts to write to a network drive.  If I disable Fing app and service, Macrium works perfectly.  There seems to be a conflict.

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,787
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Womeara_6..  I did a quick lookup and it appears that the software is Windows Desktop based, correct?   I've moved this to the Desktop app section for relevance. (If I am in error, let me know and I'll move it back.)

Can you give us a few more details?  What version of Windows and build number?  What version of the Fing desktop are you using?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Womeara_6Womeara_6 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    More details:  Yes, this is a Windows based application using Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041.  Fing Desktop Version 2.2.1. Macrium Reflect Version 7.3.5283 released 10/15/2020.  The disconnect problem has been going on for a while and was only isolated to Fing by a reference in the log.  Once Fing was completely disabled did the backup run completely without any connection problems.  
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,787
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the details..  Tagging the Fing team for further guidance...  @Robin or @Ciaran, could one of you help in troubleshooting this or do you have any suggestions on how to mitigate the issue being seen?  Thanks!
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    First Comment Photogenic
    Additional info:  Here is the section from the Macrium log that shows what is being reported by the failure. Note the reference to the file fingagent.exe which appears to not only about the backup but also disconnects the laptop from the network.
    Windows Events
    Date:    10/16/2020 12:04:23 AM
    Type:    Error
    Event:    1000
    Source:    Application Error

Faulting application name: fingagent.exe, version: 2.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x5f7180b7
    Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.9625, time stamp: 0x5db2747f
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x0005beae
    Faulting process id: 0x10b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a1afc00a1ccd
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Fing\resources\extraResources\fingagent.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9625_none_508ef7e4bcbbe589\MSVCR90.dll
    Report Id: d3fa7fc0-e10f-487f-8f68-0bb806b1cf44
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Womeara_6
    Can you upgrade the Fing desktop to latest version 2.2.2 and check if the error still persists? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Robin.  Thanks for the response. The Fing desktop is currently running version 2.2.2.  I will let Fing run and the Macrium Reflect application is scheduled to run tonight and check again in the morning.  By the way, I reviewed the Macrium logs and the failures go back as far as 7/25/2020 and continued thru 10/16/2020 inclusive when I aborted Fing and the Fingagent.  It ran with no issues since then.
    Robin
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Robin.  The backup program Macrium Reflect has not correctly run the last 2 nights with Fing and Fingagent service running.  I guess the fix was in the latest update.  Thanks for your help.
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Robin.  Last message was incorrect.  Macrium has run correctly the last 3 nights with Fing and Fingagent running.  Last night was a full backup too.  Thanks again for your help.
    MarcRobin