Fing website password rules unclear

WilmWilm Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Comment
I try to change my Fing account password, using the rules. My password has the form Aaaaaaa0000*, with different characters in each position. It appears to conform to the rules, but is not accepted. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,638
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wilm, I modified your title to reflect Fing instead of Find.  @Ciaran or @Robin, can you comment on this password requirements question?  Thanks!
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the asterisk is the problem?  
  • WilmWilm Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    Well, according to the rules, no restriction on which special character. I tried a few... same result.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for support @Marc
    @Wilm
    Previously Tested, It will not allow the following special characters in the password: #$&%^()?><.   (the only ones which are working are: *-_  .)
    Can you try to create a new password with this and see if it helps?  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    I used Cccccccc0000*, where each C/c is a different character, and each 0 is a different digit, with an asterisk at the end. No dice. Changing the asterisk to ) did not work either.
    These are the specific rules:
    "The password must be at least 6 characters long, and must contain a digit, a lowercase, an uppercase character and a special character"
    How much more should I test?
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 13
    And my current password has the form 0000ccCC!!, where each C/c is a different character, and each 0 is a different digit, and it ends with two exclamation marks, that are not in either of your lists :-( 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for testing @Wilm
    I will seek further advice on this one and will get back to you with an update. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!