Fing app scan queries

PalsalotPalsalot Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Fing App

Greetings! I’m a newbie & not a techie. Apologies if I get this question format wrong! So, I ran my first scan. Two questions. 1) on my desktop there is one open port - 808 ccproxy-http/Gopher/FTP. Apparently this is a security issue, and the internet wants me to reconfigure my proxy so it refuses gopher requests. Can anyone tell me how to do that? 2) there is an unknown generic device, which, according to the MAC is CyberTAN Tech. Can anyone tell me who that is? Thanks!

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,206
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for your post @Palsalot
    I am sure our moderators can guide you in better way. Any advice @Pixel @kltaylor @rooted @Marc
    Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • PixelPixel Devon, U.K.Moderator Posts: 155
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Palsalot 1. you will need to close the port in your firewall which will be found in to your Router, Computer or a software firewall. Check your router first as thats the most likely location for a firewall. The user manual should describe the process. (Read answer 2 before you make any changes).
    2. CyberTAN is a technology hardware manufacturer, they manufacture routers, network switches and a multitude of other items. It may be that you have a network switch or router (possibly CyberTAN origin) which requires the use of port 808 though these days that is unlikely. I would recommend checking your network devices with the aim of closing port 808 as soon as possible to remove this security risk.