I’ve looked up my network details but need help deciphering what they mean. Anybody know?

McbcinMcbcin Member Posts: 6
First Comment

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for your post @Mcbcin
    I am sure our moderators can guide you for this. Any advice @kltaylor @Marc @Pixel

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    Hey @Mcbcin.  Have you looked at this page:
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/how-use-fing-app/
    Also, according to your screen shot above, that's a Google OnHub router:
    https://on.google.com/hub/
  • PixelPixel Devon, U.K.Moderator Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi @Mcbcin as suggested by @Lee_Bo , have a look at the knowledge-base and if you need any further help just ask & we’ll do our best to help. Cheers. Paul 
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,638
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13
    The host name is kind of tripping me up.  I had to google it and appears to be used via a Google extension to track ones network uptime, status etc.  Wondering how that became the hostname?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/status-monitor-for-google/amemccpljobdbgofeleoapbbdomodhpp

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • McbcinMcbcin Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Lee_bo. I actually have a google nest WiFi router and according to google sites they are different. So i am really lost. What is the layer3forwarding, wancommoninterfaceconfig and wanipconnection. I’m not savvy enough to understand. I certainly did not set them up. I also don’t have anything on UPnP. Also I checked my Google account and someone had access to my account using Linux. I don’t even know what that is. 
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mcbcin, those services were are active because you have UPnP on and something on your network requested they be opened up.  Now this is not always a bad thing but good security practices generally recommends turning UPNP off.  Most routers support it and I recommend you do this.  Once it's off, reboot the router and once its back on, you should see none of those services still active.
    First Comment
    Thank you for all of your help. I can usually go into the google WiFi application and see if UPaP is on or off. However, now my google WiFi says I have to set it up again. All of my devices are online and working but I’m not able to access the google WiFi because it wants me to set it up again. I just do not understand this. 
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not too much of a burden, probably better off to just set it up again, this time with upnp off.  Google devices , though usually pretty good, can sometimes leave a bit to be desired user experience wise.
    First Comment
    i forgot to mention that when I attempt to set up Google, it can’t find my device. Tells me to add it manually but does not allow that either. During this process I still have internet access. I restarted my modem, my google wifi and the second WiFi point but to no avail. Also my Google Nest WiFi does not show up on my Google home. Thanks for being so patient with me. 
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you factory reset them?  Meaning to you perform a reset so that they go back to default out of the box settings?