Opening Fing

felinettefelinette Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited October 5 in Fing Desktop
Fing desktop will not open from icon.  The only way I can open it is go thru the install executable and then the icon works and will open.  This happens every time I try to open it.  

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @felinette
    Can you please check your system tray on your windows and you will find the Fing Desktop under there running in the background. You will be able to open the Fing Desktop from there. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • felinettefelinette Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    It is not in my system tray.  It put a shortcut on my desktop (as well as the executable).   I pinned it to my start menu and to my taskbar and it will not open from any of these unless I rerun the executable and then it will allow me to use the icon to open it.
    admin
    felinette said:
    It is not in my system tray.  It put a shortcut on my desktop (as well as the executable).   I pinned it to my start menu and to my taskbar and it will not open from any of these unless I rerun the executable and then it will allow me to use the icon to open it.
    Can you check under task manager before running the exe file if any of the Fing helpers are running in background or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • felinettefelinette Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    There are four items showing in the desk manager.  Three have the fing icon (one with a red dot in it).  The fourth says Fing Agent Service (32 bit).  Which one to use?  And are you saying I have to open it this way every time?
    admin
    felinette said:
    There are four items showing in the desk manager.  Three have the fing icon (one with a red dot in it).  The fourth says Fing Agent Service (32 bit).  Which one to use?  And are you saying I have to open it this way every time?
    Quit all Fing items and then open the Fing desktop from the home icon and if you minimize the Fing desktop, you can open from the System tray. Can you also confirm if you are using multiple displays by any chance?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)