I replaced a broken Fingbox v1 with v2 - no green light only plain white...
I connected it to my network wait several minutes and never got green light. I deleted my saved networks, also my old Finbox, with no results. I also hard reset the new v2 but no results... any idea?
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,292#2 Answer ✓Hi @gjhuerta
Can you follow the steps below and see if the color on Fingbox changes or not? Also, Can you connect Fingbox directly to Google Wifi main hub and then check?
1. Try a an alternative ethernet cable (CAT 6) - to identify if the issue may be with the ethernet cable (to note: if you have a CAT 7 this should also work, however, CAT 7 cables can be expensive so please do not purchase one solely for this purpose)
2. Try an alternative 5V power core cable - to identify if the issue may be with the power cable
3. Power source: Is the Fingbox plugged into a power strip/extender or directly in the wall? Some users have reported issues whereby the power extenders was causing issues supplying enough power for the Fingbox (perhaps an issue with the power extender). Please plug the power cable directly into the wall to test.
4. Is the Fingbox connected directly to the router? If it is not connected to the router where is it connected?
5. Ports: Are all ports required for Fingbox to work open or if UPNP is enabled?
Robin (Admin at Fing)
80 (Internet Speed Test)
443 (Fing Service and Software Updates)
3001, 3002, 3003 (Internet Speed Test)
4443 (Fing Service)
- 5671 (Fing Diagnostics)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!5
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides