E-mail Update - revamp

CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
admin

We have recently revamped all of our emails. As well as a new look, we now also include links that allow you jump directly into the mobile app, if opened on mobile, and into the most appropriate web page if you’re on a PC, for example. We believe this feature makes the emails even more useful & relevant. Digital Presence emails now also have a link to the person and to the device that is used to track it.

Included in this revamp, we have updated our Monthly Internet Performance Report. We have modified the layout & graphics used, to give an easier to read overview of:

·         Your Internet Performance

·         ISP provider performance

·         Network details

Included in the report:

1.       SUMMARY:        an overview of how your internet performed in the reporting period.

• Monthly average Download in Mbps
  • Monthly average Upload in Mbps
  • Percentile of your ranking (in your city or country)
  • Number of Outages
  • Number of Good Days vs All days
  • Uptime of your Fingbox
  • Speed rankings, compared to ISP providers in your location
  • Contact links for your ISP

2.       ABOUT ISP:         an overview of how your ISP performed in the reporting period (Speed performance, User rating & widespread outages)
  • How ISP is performances are trending recently
  •  ISP performance in closest location (if enough data is available)
  •  ISP performance in country (if enough data is available)

3.       NETWORK DETAILS:        a recap of network details such as Network, Provider. Location, router & Public ISP

Can I access a daily breakdown of internet performance?

If you are Fing Premium subscriber, you will receive a day-by-day account of your network performance & speed tests. Alternatively, users can check the ‘History’ section on the ‘Internet’ tab of the Fingbox dashboard, to view historic performance statistics.

To subscribe to Fing Premium, please visit:  Fing Premium

In relation to Fing Premium, will there me more functionalities added that will benefit Fingbox users?

Yes, we are continuing to work intensely to increase functionalities for Fing Premium subscribers across all of our products: Fing App, Fing Desktop & Fingbox. Watch this space!!!

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

magpt

Comments

• Manny_CavalierManny_Cavalier Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭

I'm not receiving anymore my monthly Internet performance reports. Even if I manually generate it, it will just prompt that it was sent successfully on the app but still nothing being sent to my email. My spam/junk folder is empty, so I know its not there as well. The last report I received was last January 2020. Please help!

✭✭
    How to get in touch with Fing's technical support?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Manny_Cavalier
    Thanks for your post. Can you please let me know about your issue and I will guide you or if you want I can send you a private message and you can reply from there directly.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Manny_Cavalier
  • StefStef Member, Beta Tester Posts: 14
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    that's strange, just tested min I can get this month and last month report fine.
    In the Account and Settings, click on your profile. In the Send alerts to can you see an email?

Robin
    ✭✭
    The email add where those reports are sending out is still the same.  I've been using the same email add for this purpose.  Also, as I mentioned, the last report I received was way back January 2020.
    ✭✭
    My issue is I'm not receiving anymore the monthly Internet performance reports.  Even if I try to generate one, I'm still not receiving those.  The last report I received was January 2020.  Nothing comes up after that.  Where can I raise this concern?
    admin
    Hi @Manny_Cavalier
    Can you add an additional email address to your account and then try to generate a internet performance report and see if you receive it or not? To change the alerts being please follow the steps:

1) Sign in to the web app: (https://app.fing.com)

2) On the Top right corner, click on the 'Avatar' that will bring up the list of options.

3) Please Click on 'Settings' and then you will see a list of options.

4) Please enter another email address in required field and according to your requirement (either for phone or email) and then click 'Save Settings'.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭
    Hi Robin,
    Sorry for the late reply.  I actually tried that before I raised this issue here.  I tried adding a different email add and I have no problem getting the alert notifications from both email addresses, but nothing showing up for the internet performance report on both emails.  I have two Fingboxes (on different locations, totally separate networks) and the issue is the same for both.
    Anything else I need to try or check?
    admin
    Hi @Manny_Cavalier
    Can you please check if scheduled tests are enabled for the Fingbox?
    For uploading of data, Automated Internet Speed tests are set as a default for all Fingbox users. This is the reason, Fingbox is able to send the Internet performance report every month. The scheduled test takes about 30 seconds. It figures out your internet speed by measuring how much data can move through your connection in that time, in download and in the upload. The test uses different amounts of data depending on how fast your connection is and where you do the test. For example, a typical test in the U.S. can use up to 20 MB- 20Gb of data. If you turn off the scheduled Internet performance, it will stop the traffic but you will not be able to obtain the Internet performance report every month.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • stephanstephan Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2020
    The monthly report does not fill my needs for plotting performance over time. Can I export the test results in some way from my Fing Box? Csv, excel, json or xml, or anything else...
  • idea2goidea2go Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭✭
    As of today the monthly Internet Performance Report no longer provides an itemized list of tests that were run throughout the month.  If I generate it manually on-demand using the "this month / last month" option, same thing.  

This is extremely frustrating because I have a client who is documenting ISP performance issues so I sent them a preliminary manual report a few days ago, and now I want to send them the promised full month report for September and it's crippled.

Did you move this to a configuration option or is the detailed report just totally gone?
  • CEllisonCEllison Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    I noticed the same thing.  Similarly, there are no details for poor performance days.  If we are going to hold our ISPs accountable, the detailed data is very valuable.
    idea2goSirgodders
  • matthewathommatthewathom Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Why was the format of the monthly performance report changed?  Now it is just a high level summary instead of showing the daily details in tables.  I used these tables to help prove to my ISP the issues that were occurring and it allowed them to know the exact days and times to check their logs.  It was valuable information.  
    admin
    Hi @matthewathom
    We have updated the Internet performance report with better graphics and layout. For detailed changes, I will get back to you with an update. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    admin
    Hi All,
    We have updated the Internet performance report with better graphics and layout. For detailed changes, I will get back to you with an update. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    admin
    Hi @stephan
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • idea2goidea2go Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Robin I look forward to hearing if we can have an option to provide those details.
    First Comment Photogenic

Is there a way to still see the detailed daily breakdown tables that used to be in the report? That information was very beneficial. Not sure why it was removed.

Sirgodders
  • stephanstephan Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ok, great to hear. If you are improving the reports I hope it's something closer to the diagrams like these: https://community.fing.com/discussion/1079/internet-performance-testing-isp-and-infrastructure.

I still would like to export the data though so that I can plot it in different ways and do analysis on the data over several months and possibly years. Not just a diagram for a month summarised in an email. I'd like to store them in a database. So how can I do that?

Sirgodders
    admin
    Hi @stephan
    Please check this post for all your queries: https://community.fing.com/discussion/5404/e-mail-update-revamp/p1?new=1
    I hope it helps.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    admin

Is there a way to still see the detailed daily breakdown tables that used to be in the report? That information was very beneficial. Not sure why it was removed.

Please check this post for all your queries: https://community.fing.com/discussion/5404/e-mail-update-revamp/p1?new=1
    I hope it helps.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • SirgoddersSirgodders Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Why has this changed?

Whenever I had issues with my internet connection the data in this report allowed me to have a constructive discussion with my ISP. I am now totally blind to the quality of my Internet connection. This change has made something that was really useful totally useless. Can you please change it back and send me the full data for September?

matthewathom
    Photogenic First Comment

I'm a long time fing user from the very beginning. The removal of this detail is massively disappointing. I have used it on many occasions to deal with issues with my ISP. I copied it from the email in to excel and created graphs to prove I had issues. I now have no way to do this. I can't use the history tab in the same way. Please put it back

matthewathomJDubbedN
    Photogenic First Comment

New email format is useless. I need the detail to hold my ISP to account. Please bring it back and update Septembers report please.

Photogenic First Comment

New email format is useless. I need the detail to hold my ISP to account. Please bring it back and update Septembers report please.

matthewathom
    Photogenic First Comment

idea2go
    First Comment Photogenic

So you took away that feature and are now making it part of a paid service? Great. Thanks a lot. If I had known when I bought my Fingbox that features would later be removed so you could charge us a monthly fee to use the same features we already had....I may have thought twice before getting it.

I recommend that anyone else who is upset over this start writing negative reviews on Amazon to warn others.

• SlumpySlumpy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Sirgodders, Im glad you asked this question before I could because I am so unhappy that this feature was senselessly changed, that I doubt I would have voiced my displeasure so politely.   FING, please return this report to the comprehensive level that it was before.
    matthewathomidea2goJDubbedN
  • mltmcnemltmcne Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic
    September's (2020) monthly report did not appear as thorough as August (2020) - for example in August the internet performance was broken down by day and September seemed to summarize.  I do not recall making any changes to the box.  Did something change which required me to change a setting to get that level of detail going forward?? 
    Thank you
    idea2go
  • PaulPPaulP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder Photogenic
    ✭✭

I’ve discovered the same problem. My internet connection slows down between 8 and 10pm every day and I need the report details to send to the ISP. Really hoping you give us this back, maybe as an option if not included by default in the report.

idea2go