Fingbox Not found

Mobile785Mobile785 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2020 in Fingbox
Only Wi-Fi in the house.  Phones IP is 10.250.1.107 Fingbox is found on a Network Discovery its IP is 10.250.1.137.  However Once I get the screen that says Fingbox detected and I click Activate after 20 to 30 seconds I get "Fingbox not found"See screenshots below.   I have also clicked Search in the 3rd screenshot and let it run for almost 30 minutes and nothing is ever found.     I have reset the Fingbox to factory defaults and started all over again and get the same results.  About to pack it up and send it back. Is there a secret to getting this bugger to activate?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Mobile785
    I have sent you a private message to address this query. Please reply to my message directly so I can guide you. thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DougPDougP Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I am having the same problem with a brand new device. I need help resolving this.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @DougP, I have sent you a private mail to further troubleshoot and assist
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Luisinavarro777Luisinavarro777 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Just got a brand new fingbox v2. I have ATT fast internet 1000gig. The fingbox app detects the fingbox but it tells me that is the device is offline.  I have google home with three points. The fingbox is attached to the att box but the att box is not acting as router the google home is doing that part. I am paying for a monthly subscription for now. Everytime I try to add the fingbox in the fing app it tells me that id des not find it.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Just got a brand new fingbox v2. I have ATT fast internet 1000gig. The fingbox app detects the fingbox but it tells me that is the device is offline.  I have google home with three points. The fingbox is attached to the att box but the att box is not acting as router the google home is doing that part. I am paying for a monthly subscription for now. Everytime I try to add the fingbox in the fing app it tells me that id des not find it.
    Please connect Fingbox to google device which is broadcasting the Wifi and then connect to same network on mobile device and then search for Fingbox. Please also make sure you have enabled location permissions enabled for Fing app. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!