New Fingbox not initiating

pakimanniepakimannie Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
Hi:
Brand new Fingbox - connected on Ethernet and powered on - only white light at the top, even though I've left it on all day long. Have just disconnected and reconnected but no improvement. Can you help?
MAC: F0:23:B9:ED:A5:71
Many thanx!
Kind regards:
Mansoor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pakimannie thanks for asking your question.
    Can you tell me if your Fingbox is directly connected to the modem/router or not?  Where exactly is it plugged into?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • pakimanniepakimannie Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi @kltaylor:

It is connected to a switch which is on the same network as all my other home devices.

I run a slightly atypical network setup. My Internet Service Provider tends to switch out the broadband router every so often, so I have a separate mesh network (with a different subnet) downstream, which means that I do not need to make any changes on my network devices (I have close to 40 IOT devices - smart home...).

WAN Router (WAN IP on the WAN interface/192.168.1.x on the LAN interface - WiFi is deactivated)
    Linksys Velop Mesh (192.168.1.x on the WAN interface/192.168.111.x on the LAN/WiFi interface)
    3x Linksys unmanaged switches on the Velop LAN interface(s) (192.168.111.x subnet)
    Fingbox is hanging off one of the Linksys switches; plenty of other devices on the same switch as well, operating without a problem
    I also run a Mac Mini off another of the switches, from where I'm sending this note. I run Fing Desktop on the same and it runs perfectly fine from there.

Hope this helps. Appreciate your support.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @pakimannie
    I have sent you a private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks @kltaylor for support.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!