Fing Desktop for Windows v2. 22 doesn't work with Windows Server 2012. Previous version no issues.

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic

It updated from previous v1. 31 but service won't start.

Answers

• JustDaveJustDave Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment
    I have the laest copy of WIndow's and Fing show's an icon when started but will not open on my desktop.  Does Fing show in your task manager and do  you see an icon when you try to start?
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    JustDave,
    I am not using the latest version of windows as it it is a older version of Windows Server 2012.
    The version that works is V1.32, but when it updates to V2.22 it reports that the Fing service could not start.  There are no icons running in the Task tray and it will not open, so that is why I reported it as failing on Windows Server 2012 R2 Build 9600.  When v2.22 installs, it reports Fing Agent Service has stopped working.
    A splash messgebox appears with the following

Fing Service not found

We're reconnecting to the Fing Service. If you keep seeing this page, try rebooting or reinstalling the latest version of Fing App to resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you can contact us at [email protected]

Contact support

First Comment Photogenic
    JustDave, footnote!, it does show in the Task tray but when opened you get the message as per last -

We're reconnecting to the Fing Service. If you keep seeing this page, try rebooting or reinstalling the latest version of Fing App to resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you can contact us at [email protected]

Contact support
    First Comment Photogenic
    Fing Agent Service cannot be started manually. it reports Error 1053: cannot be started in a timely manner.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Fing Agent Service cannot be started manually. it reports Error 1053: cannot be started in a timely manner.

To resolve this on Windows servers:

1. Fing Desktop needs to have WLAN Service installed manually. Procedure to install WLAN Drivers: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/hh994698%28v%3Dws.11%29
    2. Then Fing Desktop will need to be re-installed

Once completed, this should resolve your issue.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!