Fing Desktop 2.2.0 on Mac 10.15.6 does nothing - how to fix it?

GLCGLC Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited September 23 in Fing Desktop
While the program launches,  none of the tests actually yield any information.  What is wrong?

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GLC welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Which tests are you attempting to use?  Can you provide screenshots to show us what you do receive?  Do you receive any errors or messages that could help us diagnose the issue with you?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • GLCGLC Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Hi @kltaylor,
    I can select any test, Ping, DNS Lookup, Wi-FI scan.... Vulnerability Check,  the hit "Start". It will bring me to the new screen with the selected test name displayed at the top,  and then nothing... nada... nichts....    I can wait for 5, 10, 60 minutes... still nothing happens..  I can always hit the "Back" link and return to the test select page, but that is it.  

First Comment
    Hi @kltaylor,
    I can select any test, Ping, DNS Lookup, Wi-FI scan.... Vulnerability Check,  the hit "Start". It will bring me to the new screen with the selected test d at the top,  and then nothing... nada... nichts....    I can wait for 5, 10, 60 minutes... still nothing happens..  I can always hit the "Back" link and return to the test select page, but that is it. 

First Comment
    Hi @kltaylor,
    Further to my last message....     
    After trying the Router Vulnerability Test again....  The screen will just hang there, doing what appears to be nothing.  If I hit "Home" I get this message:

Fing Service not found

We're reconnecting to the Fing Service. If you keep seeing this page, try rebooting or reinstalling the latest version of Fing App to resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you can contact us at [email protected]

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @kltaylor
    @GLCTo address the blank screen, Can you please follow these commands on the terminal?

• Command 1: /usr/bin/pgrep fingagent

• Command 2: sudo lsof -nP -iTCP:48080 -sTCP:LISTEN

On running the 2nd command, it will ask for a password and you need to enter the login password of your MacBook

After the 1st command, it will return a number example: 0000. You need to use this number in the command given below.

Command: sudo kill -9 0000(result of 1st command)

After this, can you reboot your device and then check if the issue persists?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!